adding scripts removes salvage vehicle option** solved

chisel

Question

Hello, I've installed the suicide script and the take clothes script.  Both additions are working as they should but for some reason I can no longer salvage parts from vehicles.  Also I cannot remove wrecks and debris.  The scroll options for remove wrecks and salvage just don't come up anymore.

Anyone know what is happening or care to help me out with this?

2 answers to this question

can you please elaborate?  The "in" code?

I did not have a custom fn_selfactions in a "Scripts" or "fixes" folder so I did copy the one from the PBO and edited it per the instructions linked...

Here's what I did: my folder is called fixes so I sub "fixes" for "custom"

Open your dayz_mission.pbo and find init.sqf

add this just before progressLoadingScreen 1.0;
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles
Now create a folder in your dayz_mission.pbo called custom and create a new empty file called compiles.sqf inside.

Edit the compiles.sqf to look like this.....
Code:
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fn_selfActions.sqf";

I added the script code to the fn_self actions as well.

When using a custom fn_selfactions should I be removing the original from the pbo?       

******I just added krixes self bloodbag and it works great, but yet the salvage parts and remove wrecks is still broken...  I'm missing something... 

******Ok I think I got it all working now.  Seems I used the wrong fn_selfActions.  I was not using the one from dayz_code.  Once I copied/edited that one, all seems ok.  Thanks MGT,  Your short reply did the trick, it got me thinking and double checking everything.  Thank you again!