[R3F] Trader Bought Cars NOT Towing

Diesel Weasel

Question

I have used the same script for towing/lifting for sometime now. I found it here on the epoch forums and it was edited to prevent chain towing and also sets the vehicles apart so np vehicle piggybacking happens. It can be found here:  Second post, second link. It has always worked wonderfully in the past and done exactly what we needed.

I also usually add an extra script on that blocks the towing of locked vehicles. 

For some reason when someone buys a vehicle it can NOT be towed or lifted. The classnames are perfect. I have checked them a million and one times. I have all of the 1,2,3,4's and all that too. If we spawn the exact same thing with admin tools right next to the bought vehicle it will tow with no problem. We're not getting anything in our RPT about this either and it's confusing the hell out of me.

If you want any files I can provide them, I just have no idea what to post right now. Any help would be appreciated.

10 answers to this question

No, we know how to tow. Like I said we've used it in the past for some months. We just recently wiped the server and in the process we switched from Cherno to Napf. Everything has been relatively smooth except for a couple hiccups that mainly involved our antihack. This is the one big thing that really has effected our players that we haven't been able to figure out. We have tried everything to get them to work and nothing. Our server sometimes has 30 people on it at one time and even then between all of us we had no luck.

No, we know how to tow. Like I said we've used it in the past for some months. We just recently wiped the server and in the process we switched from Cherno to Napf. Everything has been relatively smooth except for a couple hiccups that mainly involved our antihack. This is the one big thing that really has effected our players that we haven't been able to figure out. We have tried everything to get them to work and nothing. Our server sometimes has 30 people on it at one time and even then between all of us we had no luck.

When you spawn the vehicles with Admin Tools, are you spawning them with Keys?  Could it be that the ObjectUID gets messed up for some reason and it simply cant find the object in the DB because the UID has gotten truncated? 

I dont know if the above would be the cause or not - just trying to eliminate possible reasons.

I assume you have tried the issue without having any AH or Admin tools loaded, and you get the same problem? 

So im having the same problem.

1.0.4.2 103718 was working great.

1.0.5.1 125548 I can find a vehicle and tow and lift and that part good.

I can spawn any vehicle in and i can tow and lift that part good.

But and yes i started with a but. When you buy any vehicle you can not tow or lift at all with them.

Any help at all please, thank you in advance

Thug

I am having the same issue on my Epoch 1.0.5.1 server. Did anyone ever figure this out? I do have the addon that disables towing/lifting for locked vehicles but when they are unlocked they still cannot be towed/lifted. Players have reported that the script has all of a sudden not let them tow/lift anything. Any help is much appreciated.

I am having the same issue on my Epoch 1.0.5.1 server. Did anyone ever figure this out? I do have the addon that disables towing/lifting for locked vehicles but when they are unlocked they still cannot be towed/lifted. Players have reported that the script has all of a sudden not let them tow/lift anything. Any help is much appreciated.

Put a link with your whole R3F folder to download and I will take a look. Even test it on my test server. See if its something else that is causing it.

Or Message me and I will give you info to my team speak and we can trouble shoot it much faster.

I have R3F on all of my servers with anti tow/lift while locked and also the piggyback edits with no issues.

I'm having the same problem. I joined a server and have had success towing vehicles with spawned vehicles, but when I try to tow vehicles with a purchased vehicle, I don't even get the option to attach towed vehicle to my MTVR. Any help would be appreciated because I have been doing side missions and would like to be able to sell the vehicles that are left behind as well as the plethora of spawned vehicles  I come across.

Thank you