Epoch vs Debian :D need help pls

Backtrack

Hello Members,

I need some help with me Epoch Server .

Updating base class RscProgress->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscIGProgress/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayHintC/controls/Background/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayHintCEx/controls/Background/
Updating base class RscStructuredText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayHintCEx/controls/Hint/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfoSoldier/Background/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfoTank/Background/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfo/Background/
Updating base class RscIGText->RscIGProgress, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfo/ValueArmor/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfo/Background2/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscHint/Background/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscTaskHint/controlsBackground/Background/
Cannot delete class TextObjectsDetail, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class ValueObjectsDetail, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class B_Options, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class B_OK, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
20:56:57 Dedicated host created.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscHint/Background.type'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
20:56:58 Host identity created.

IP Address 217.79.181.86:2302

No I mean. You started the server before and for whatever reason it was not closed properly or something. Checked your error messages in google and a lot of things pointed to that. I do NOT mean a second game or server running...just the same one but hanging or whatever.

Did you do a: ps aux | grep epoch?

Or do you mean you can connect to the server and play but it does only not show up in DayCommander?

What do you mean: I only changed mysql login?

The user/password you use for that?

ps aux | grep epoch:

dayz     11068  0.0  0.0   4180   576 pts/2    Ss+  21:33   0:00 /bin/sh /home/dayz/epoch/epoch.sh
dayz     11069  105  1.0 282896 265728 pts/2   Rl+  21:33   0:07 ./epoch -arma2oaserver -mod=@dayzchernarus;@dayz_epoch;@dayz_epoch_server; -config=cfgdayz/server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz/basic.cfg -port=2302 -beta=expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion -noSound -noPause -world=Chernarus -profiles=cfgdayz -name=cfgdayz -cpucount=4 -exThreads=3 -showscripterrors -pid=2302.pid
dayz     11081  0.0  0.0   9836   948 pts/1    S+   21:33   0:00 grep epoch

i have search on google a long time but i dont find but the solution I have not found

The server is installed like your Video Tutorial

When you changed the mysql user/pass: did you change that also in writer.pl?

Can your epoch user with pass connect to the mysql database. Are the ports open to connect from outside?

I the above is true, I guess, you need to send your dump.log and a clean RPT log from your client. Maybe something can be seen there. A remote diagnosis is difficult, hm ,)

To  install steam with wine to download it? Hm. But however the rest is the linux version I hope.

You need to execute Arma2 and Arma2OA 1 time as far as I know to get the files right. Even if it don't run correctly.. I don't know how that works.

Or have a look at your installation (where you can connect to other epoch servers) on your windows and just upload all the files which have a different file size. Not all files are different, a lot are always the same. Maybe that helps but it's some work. I guess I cannot help here anymore though ;) Hm.

the install at wine is the same like windows the folder size is the same too

thats no problem i dont install with winetricks

after that i copy arma 2 addons to arma 2 oa remove dlls and other files which i dont need for linux compile it with epoch files upload database

like to your tutorial

Yes but I guess that not all files are the same after starting the games in your windows. There is a difference somewhere which causes the server not to start properly.

The problem is that I did not do it that way...so I cannot really help.

The only thing I can suggest is to compare your files with the list I provided in the description of the video to see if all files are there and in the right directories and if the file sizes matches.

On my first try I did NOT start Arma2/Arma2OA on my windows...uploaded all the files and dayz_code.pbo had a different file size. Server did not start. If I remember correctly 2 other files had a size difference also. Compare the file&folder structure and you are good to go I would say.

Windows...and I played on other server to see if it works before I started with the linux server. I've uploaded tge files.

I don't want to say that it will not work in your way...just that I don't know exactly what to do here or what is different...but I guess you will find some answers on Google from people who installed this via wine. Or just do it the way I've suggested above...compare the files. So you do not need to upload everything again...just what is different.

;))

The howto/way is like this:

- install arma2/arma2oa with wine

- compare the files and upload all missing or with wrong sizes

I guess that's all ;)

You can write a howto how you got this to work with debian maybe.  I have squeeze (not the testing repositories) and I did not get it to work.

I am missing some windows libs...even if I upload these it does not work. Something wrong with 64bit/32bit wine.

On Ubuntu I never had any issues, hm.