Default Loadout

Deanos

Question

So i love Epoch but god i hate the fact i cant change the Default Loadout easily. Now i have tried it over and over again adding the Default Loadout scripts into the init file in the mission.pbo and the commenting out a couple lines in the server.pbo in the player login.sqf. Now the damn problem i have is anytime i do this it then plagues players with black screens when joining and then they cant pick there sex when joining. Every time i re-spawn i pick female and it goes black screen then i have to press escape then abort then almost relog. Now i dont have to exit completely out of the server but then after i relog i spawn in great i have my default loadout but im a male. 

Now has anyone been able to fix this issue im going to do some testing and see if the only reason that the black screen happens is because i chose female. Ill see if maybe that little sex selection is bugging when trying to add default loadout. 

9 answers to this question

What i did to add starting gear to my server was under the epoch config in the Init.sqf in your mission pbo (see below for what i am talking about) 

// DayZ Epoch config

spawnShoremode = 1; // Default = 1 (on shore)
spawnArea= 1500; // Default = 1500
MaxHeliCrashes= 25; // Default = 5
MaxVehicleLimit = 350; // Default = 50
MaxDynamicDebris = 500; // Default = 100
dayz_MapArea = 14000; // Default = 10000
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 15; // Default = 30

add a space under this and then add (this is what i use but you can change it to what ever you want)

// Default Loadout Config for New Spawns

DefaultMagazines = ["8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","FoodCanFrankBeans","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemPainkiller","ItemHeatPack"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemFlashlightRed","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","MakarovSD"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_TerminalPack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";

and now just make sure it all looks like this (like making sure there isnt 2 spaces between the areas etc)

// DayZ Epoch config

spawnShoremode = 1; // Default = 1 (on shore)
spawnArea= 1500; // Default = 1500
MaxHeliCrashes= 25; // Default = 5
MaxVehicleLimit = 350; // Default = 50
MaxDynamicDebris = 500; // Default = 100
dayz_MapArea = 14000; // Default = 10000
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 15; // Default = 30 

// Default Loadout Config for New Spawns
DefaultMagazines = ["8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","FoodCanFrankBeans","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemPainkiller","ItemHeatPack"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemFlashlightRed","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","MakarovSD"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_TerminalPack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";

Repack your mission pbo and upload that to your server. I hope this is of some help to you 

(These steps are the only ones you need to make! you do not need to touch the server pbo at all i have no idea why you would needed to do that in your attempts before hand :S )

The problem i was having is i assumed it was necessary to comment out the 

//Variables
_inventory =	[];
_backpack = 	[];

In the login.sqf in compiles. So now after testing i found out this is not necessary.

But now a new problem has arisen. I cannot after hours and hours and hours of testing get custom loadouts working properly. Now let me be specific the individual that has the custom loadout works perfectly no black screens, they can pick their starting sex everything works great except for giving the player both default and custom loadout(not a big deal right now). Now the problem is for the player without a custom loadout they are plagued with the inability to load in they just go to the black screen of death. Does anyone have a fix for this? Does anyone have custom loadouts working properly on their server with no issues?

What i did to add starting gear to my server was under the epoch config in the Init.sqf in your mission pbo (see below for what i am talking about) 

add a space under this and then add (this is what i use but you can change it to what ever you want)

and now just make sure it all looks like this (like making sure there isnt 2 spaces between the areas etc)

Repack your mission pbo and upload that to your server. I hope this is of some help to you 

(These steps are the only ones you need to make! you do not need to touch the server pbo at all i have no idea why you would needed to do that in your attempts before hand :S )

I'm trying this solution in DayZ.st host... just bought right now, so is completly clear, let u know

Is there a way to set it up so you can set a different spawn loot for different players.

Lets say you play on my server and you donate $10 a month to keep the server up, can I set it so you always spawn with X gear and everyone else always spawns with Y gear?

Is there a way to set it up so you can set a different spawn loot for different players.

Lets say you play on my server and you donate $10 a month to keep the server up, can I set it so you always spawn with X gear and everyone else always spawns with Y gear?

There is :) Have a read Here

Create the loadouts and then add the Player ID