Vilayer scripting question

Thunderz8olt

Question

20 answers to this question

You can install scripts with any host.

what i paticularly like with vilayer is the fact you don't need to stop your server to upload new files. You just up load then to a folder and at a restart it compiles them into the pbo files

what i paticularly like with vilayer is the fact you don't need to stop your server to upload new files. You just up load then to a folder and at a restart it compiles them into the pbo files

You're not quite right. Some scripts require changes dayz_code internal files.

Dayz.st does not permit do it.

What do you mean by that? I'm actually looking into installing some scripts right now and am having a hard time finding any resources to guide me.

With vilayer you get a folder called vilayercodecustom and thats where you upload you mission and server files (you dont need to make them into pbo files) and then at the next server restart the server automatic pulls the files from vilayercodecustom and makes the pbo files required.

What this means for me is i can work on my files on my local test server, upload them to the server and then at the next scheduled restart they take affect with out having to interrupt the players as its a scheduled restart.

With vilayer you get a folder called vilayercodecustom and thats where you upload you mission and server files (you dont need to make them into pbo files) and then at the next server restart the server automatic pulls the files from vilayercodecustom and makes the pbo files required.

What this means for me is i can work on my files on my local test server, upload them to the server and then at the next scheduled restart they take affect with out having to interrupt the players as its a scheduled restart.

Oh awesome! I have found what you are talking about. That definitely makes it easier to edit things! Thanks

What do you mean by that? I'm actually looking into installing some scripts right now and am having a hard time finding any resources to guide me.

First, I suggest the use of FTP for transfering files when working on a ViLayer server - just to avoid the use of their FileManager..  ugh.

In your ViLayer server, find this folder: 

Screenshot_3.png

In it, you will find two key folders:

/missions/ which leads to /epoch.[mapname]/

/dayz_epoch/

The mission folder is where you want to put all your mission related files and scripts..  as an example:

/vilayercodecustom/missions/epoch.chernarus/init.sqf   (if you need to add anything in your missions init.sqf if you run Epoich Chernarus.

The dayz_epoch folder is where you want to go when you are told to do changes in your dayz_server.pbo.... as an example, adding WAI to the folder:

/vilayercodecustom/dayz_epoch/ 

In ViLayer, each restart will come with a check to see if the current mission and server files match the content in the customfolder.  If it does not, it will rebuild the server pbo and the mission file and use the new code.

First, I suggest the use of FTP for transfering files when working on a ViLayer server - just to avoid the use of their FileManager..  ugh.

In your ViLayer server, find this folder: 

Screenshot_3.png

In it, you will find two key folders:

/missions/ which leads to /epoch.[mapname]/

/dayz_epoch/

The mission folder is where you want to put all your mission related files and scripts..  as an example:

/vilayercodecustom/missions/epoch.chernarus/init.sqf   (if you need to add anything in your missions init.sqf if you run Epoich Chernarus.

The dayz_epoch folder is where you want to go when you are told to do changes in your dayz_server.pbo.... as an example, adding WAI to the folder:

/vilayercodecustom/dayz_epoch/ 

In ViLayer, each restart will come with a check to see if the current mission and server files match the content in the customfolder.  If it does not, it will rebuild thbe server pbo and the mission file and use the new code.

Thanks for that tip as well!

Wow, just added missions into the server. Didnt realize how simple it was..haha thanks for all the help guys! btw, I'm using a mix between using the Vilayer file manager and an FTP server, so thanks to both of you for the help!

Wow, just added missions into the server. Didnt realize how simple it was..haha thanks for all the help guys! btw, I'm using a mix between using the Vilayer file manager and an FTP server, so thanks to both of you for the help!

Anytime.  As you may notice, people here are always happy to help people discover the wonders of scripting Epoch servers here. :)