server.pbo vs mission.pbo script install

Kronky

Question

Hi all,

I noticed that installing scripts in mission.pbo makes the mission file larger every time and it takes longer for a player to log in the longer it gets.

I was wondering if it is possible to install at least some of the scripts into the server.pbo to reduce the size of the mission one.

My question is how difficult it is to make the transfer from the mission to the server pbo and how the calls will be made inside the server pbo init file?

So just to explain what I would like to do, here it is what I want to move:

- I want to move Sarge AI and R3F_Arty_Log to the server pbo as it will reduce considerably the size of my mission file and then ...

- I want to move the loading screen picture as well because it seem a little bit large for the mission file.

Thanks.

All feedback will be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Darn it,

Thanks for the reply.

So should I understand that if the scripts require action to be taken by players then they MUST be installed in the mission.pbo,

otherwise, if the scripts are independent from what players do they can be moved in the server.pbo?

Nah it's impossibe, they are all required to be there.I would love this either but the answer is NO unfortunately.

I checked your links in the signature area and i wanted to know what is the MBL program? I know what photoshop is:)

I understand what youa re saying but this would almost mean that will be a server pack like some that are around.

I on the other hand like to work and develop the server on my own and that gives me a nice feeling when everything works smoothly