Mod idea: Getting scrap metal from stripped parts

BetterDeadThanZed

Question

Today, while stripping a car, I was thinking, if I'm removing a fuel tank to put a new tank on, wouldn't it be cool if I could get scrap metal in my inventory when I replace certain parts: fuel tank, engine, tire (rims are metal),,, is this something that would be possible? Or maybe if you replace a part, the old part is on the ground and then you have the option to scrap those parts? Maybe even just have the option when you find a car part to scrap it?

4 answers to this question

I agree to a certain extent with this, but taking the hull of a car isnt very realistic considering your taking the hull off one vehicle and using it on another. Tho this would be a nice addition to the mission file for anyone wanting it

I didn't mention the hull because that's patched by scrap metal, not removed and replaced. I suggested that scrap metal could be obtained from the fuel tank, engine and wheels (From the rims), either parts found around the map, or by parts that have been replaced. From a modding stand point, I'd assume that only making parts found in normal loot scrappable would probably be easier, but I'm not sure.

in the dev beta build road debris no longer spawns loot,  if you remove the debris or wrecks you now get random car parts, which includes scrap metal.  Most of the time it gives me a fueltank.  But you can now buy from the wholesaler bulk scrap metal now as well, so you have to either wait for the offical patch release which at that time will be 1.0.2 , or get the dev build which currently is 1.0.1.9 but they havent released it just yet... im still running 1.0.1.8....waiting for the newest... but the current changelog can be seen here of whats to come  http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php/Changelogs

So far i like it especially the new trader menus and ID's for the keys...

in the dev beta build road debris no longer spawns loot,  if you remove the debris or wrecks you now get random car parts, which includes scrap metal.  Most of the time it gives me a fueltank.  But you can now buy from the wholesaler bulk scrap metal now as well, so you have to either wait for the offical patch release which at that time will be 1.0.2 , or get the dev build which currently is 1.0.1.9 but they havent released it just yet... im still running 1.0.1.8....waiting for the newest... but the current changelog can be seen here of whats to come  http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php/Changelogs

So far i like it especially the new trader menus and ID's for the keys...

Thanks, not really what I'm looking for though. Car parts spawn in places other than wrecks, and being able to scrap those would be cool.