[Chernarus] Epoch/Overpoch traders by IT07

IT07

Epoch/Overpoch Chernarus Traders

by IT07 Version 1.4.3 SafeZone Edition

Info

This is a small-sized mod for Epoch and Overpoch on the Chernarus map. It replaces the default trader buildings and trader units according to how I redesigned them.

Installation is very easy and does not require intense skill. This mod fully works with the default trader database setup so no changes needed on that end.

Difference between default traders you ask?

Well, I added an additional aircraft trader on NWA as you can see on the screenshots. The rest of them are all in the same location just like the default traders except they look totally different and

have a new and fresh look to them. You can take a look at the screenshots, they will give you a pretty good idea of how they look.

Screenshots

http://imgur.com/a/UsPoN#5

Requirements

A tool for unpacking Pbo's

Recommendations for versions earlier than v1.4.2

Changelog v1.4.3

[ADDED] optional objects for all traders that will prevent bullets from firing/hitting players/vehicles in the safezone.

Can be set to true/false through mission.sqf that comes with the download.

[ADDED] Function that removes the guns from trader's their hands. (i know, the screenshots show otherwise because they were made before this patch)

Download

https://github.com/IT07/Game_code/tree/master/ArmA_3/A2_EpochMod_CustomTradersChernarus

How to install?

Just read the README.txt included in the download :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it just me, or does the Bandit, Hero and Klen trader not "see" the vehicles I want to sell.. For instance, I parked a UH-1Y outside of Klen on the "H" and it wouldn't appear in the sell menu. Also doesn't work for vehicles and Bandit/Hero has the same issue. How can we fix this?

Edit: Doing a little more testing in Klen, it appears the "park your vehicle here to sell it" area is inside Klen making it impossible to sell anything bigger than a Lada.

Its the servers preference to how close you have to be to the trader. Server admin has to configure that :)

Thanks Carp!, how may I go about doing this? I assumed it was a coordinate in one of the .sqf files, or perhaps database?

Thanks for the swift response.

EDIT: Just found it, thanks again Carp!

For reference to anyone else having the same issue, you need to change the following in init.sqf in your mission.pbo, increasing to 20 seems to be a decent range for me.

dayz_sellDistance = 10;

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update coming soon. All burning fire barrels will be replaced by non-burning ones that can be activated by a player.

Thats odd considering when I originally downloaded your package none of the barrels were burning to my knowledge and I went through and changed them all to burning... I like the ambience lol. nice work man

What exactly do you mean by "works with the config based traders"?

Maybe I should tell you how this works: I took all of the default trader units and changed their skins, position and rebuilt the buildings around them.

All for the purpose that server Admins will keep their custom work done in the database.

If you want to add your own traders, then simply put down a unit with a classname that is not in active use by any other trader and add an entry for that trader inside the server_traders.sqf and you are all set.

Hello, i would very much like to use this, however, you can't buy/sell from almost all of the traders... The trader areas are all different but just the traders are not working.

This is the edited part of the Mission.sqm:

class Markers
    {
        items=17;
        class Item0
        {
            position[]={7839.6055,381.33774,8414.7324};
            name="center";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item1
        {
            position[]={-7245.377,365.98782,19535.367};
            name="respawn_west";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item2
        {
            position[]={4932.3345,0.39950246,1989.1094};
            name="spawn0";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item3
        {
            position[]={2236.0391,0.63119155,1923.3735};
            name="spawn1";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item4
        {
            position[]={8738.1328,0.45720705,2122.1082};
            name="spawn2";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item5
        {
            position[]={10909.267,0.57597214,2422.3096};
            name="spawn3";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item6
        {
            position[]={13510.764,0.44504455,5249.3027};
            name="spawn4";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item7
        {
            position[]={6326.4805,304.99265,7809.4888};
            name="Tradercitystary";
            text="Trader City Stary";
            type="mil_circle";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item8
        {
            position[]={4361.4937,3,2259.9526};
            name="wholesaleSouth";
            text="Wholesaler";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item9
        {
            position[]={13532.614,3.0083523,6355.9497};
            name="boatTraderEast";
            text="Wholesaler";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item10
        {
            position[]={7989.3354,0.30462033,2900.9946};
            name="BoatDealerSouth";
            text="Boat Dealer";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item11
        {
            position[]={12060.471,158.85699,12638.533};
            name="AirVehicles";
            text="Aircraft Dealer";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorGreen";
        };
        class Item12
        {
            position[]={1606.6443,289.70795,7803.5156};
            name="BanditDen";
            text="Bandit Camp";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorRed";
        };
        class Item13
        {
            position[]={11447.91,317.27109,11364.536};
            name="Klen";
            text="Trader City Klen";
            type="mil_circle";
            colorName="ColorGreen";
        };
        class Item14
        {
            position[]={13441.16,1.1406164,5429.3013};
            name="BoatDealerEast";
            text="Boat Dealer";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item15
        {
            position[]={4064.2258,365.13501,11665.938};
            name="TradercityBash";
            text="Trader City Bash";
            type="mil_circle";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
        };
        class Item16
        {
            position[]={12944.227,210.19823,12766.889};
            name="HeroTrader";
            text="Hero Camp";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorBlue";
        };
        class Item17
        {
            position[]={5054.0127,14.798248,9736.8398};
            name="AirVehicles";
            text="Aircraft Dealer";
            type="mil_dot";
            colorName="ColorGreen";
        };
    };

Any help would be great.

Ok, swapped out the 2 files

added the nw airfield trader details and as it was a counter from 0-17 total now changed to 18

restarted and nothing had changed at all, except the map had a green dot marking an aircraft trader in the se of the airfield bottom right corner with no trader or debris there at the nw airfield ?

was gutted as your instructions are one of the few that read ok and I was chuffed and looking forward to swapping things out running 1.0.4.2/112555

great work, what perhaps have I done wrong

best regards

Raptor

Ok, swapped out the 2 files

added the nw airfield trader details and as it was a counter from 0-17 total now changed to 18

restarted and nothing had changed at all, except the map had a green dot marking an aircraft trader in the se of the airfield bottom right corner with no trader or debris there at the nw airfield ?

was gutted as your instructions are one of the few that read ok and I was chuffed and looking forward to swapping things out running 1.0.4.2/112555

great work, what perhaps have I done wrong

best regards

Raptor

you have to replace the entire mission file in your server pbo. ... in the missions folder find the chernarus file... mine is called DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus. Open that, open the SQF file called mission.. replace the entire contents of that SQF with the file provided by OP in DayZ_Chernarus_Custom_Traders_by_IT07 > traders > mission. Then, in your mission PBO (we've now left your server PBO) replace the server_traders.sqf in your mission PBO with the one provided by OP that is located in the same folder he has provided DayZ_Chernarus_Custom_Traders_by_IT07 > traders >server_traders.sqf. Save and repack both your server and mission PBO and profit

Yeah, i did that. Not all of the traders worked, however...

make sure the numbers represented in the server_traders.sqf reflect the same numbers used in the database.

So just for hypothetical, if the server_traders.sqf says the Black Market Trader > Black Market Guns is number 700, check your database to make sure 700 is actually right, if not change it.

Thats all I Can really think of... I mean this requires you to replace 2 files and thats it. One in the server PBO and the other in the mission PBO. So if the traders are there but not working, its a problem with the server_traders.sqf and/or your database.

Danger Russ.....................star man thankyou for your help all is good in the land of Raptor...........working now

One comment as a suggestion, it has made life very difficult at the wholesalers, because you have to load up and WALK to the vehicle therefore becoming overburdened.Can these two sites be altered to allow very close vehicle parking

otherwise it makes the wholesalers a very difficult prospect.Any solution to this slight inconvenience would be appreciated and my very best compliments to all involved as whilst I did this as we are non pvp server, I changed the old bandit trader into another hero trader, so that my people got 2 new traders, and they look superb.Alos taught me a lot magic

Jurassic respect

Raptor