[Chernarus] Epoch/Overpoch traders by IT07

IT07

Danger Russ.....................star man thankyou for your help all is good in the land of Raptor...........working now

One comment as a suggestion, it has made life very difficult at the wholesalers, because you have to load up and WALK to the vehicle therefore becoming overburdened.Can these two sites be altered to allow very close vehicle parking

otherwise it makes the wholesalers a very difficult prospect.Any solution to this slight inconvenience would be appreciated and my very best compliments to all involved as whilst I did this as we are non pvp server, I changed the old bandit trader into another hero trader, so that my people got 2 new traders, and they look superb.Alos taught me a lot magic

Jurassic respect

Raptor

I doubt OP would recreate this entire thing just to appease one person. The amount of time and effort and detail that went into this is no small thing. The best I could tell you, is to learn from this and create your own. All you would have to do is mimic his work, it's pretty straightforward just very time consuming. The quickest solution I could think of, is deleting a couple walls around each of the traders. I imagine the idea behind these is to prevent players from being easily sniped whilst at the traders. If you have a safe zone, you dont have to worry so much about that.

Also, at Stary you can drive right up to the traders, so perhaps make the traders at stary have the majority of the stuff you would normally sell and perhaps keep the hero/bandit traders reserved for special items only? However you want to customize your server is up to you man, have fun with it and make something cool.

Its not about appeasing one person to be fair, it makes the wholesalers unusable as you go there to buy bulk, but you cant carry bulk far to get to your car before you fall over encumbered, I made the constructive suggestion for the benefit of many players not just me :) The investment of time and effort is substantial I am sure and everyone who gets it working will be thankful and delighted as I am, I am learning DangerRuss, slowly for a 48 yr old fossil lol, but yes your right, as I posted previously, it has taught me a lot and im very grateful to everyone who helps those who cannot. I will consider the several ways in which I can tweak this substantial improvement to my server and decide on which one requires the least effort lol.

As always my gratitude to the author, yourself and everyone who try's to speak to people like me in a language, that even I can understand.

cheers

Raptor

Its not about appeasing one person to be fair, it makes the wholesalers unusable as you go there to buy bulk, but you cant carry bulk far to get to your car before you fall over encumbered, I made the constructive suggestion for the benefit of many players not just me :) The investment of time and effort is substantial I am sure and everyone who gets it working will be thankful and delighted as I am, I am learning DangerRuss, slowly for a 48 yr old fossil lol, but yes your right, as I posted previously, it has taught me a lot and im very grateful to everyone who helps those who cannot. I will consider the several ways in which I can tweak this substantial improvement to my server and decide on which one requires the least effort lol.

As always my gratitude to the author, yourself and everyone who try's to speak to people like me in a language, that even I can understand.

cheers

Raptor

Actually, my knowledge on any of these subjects is extremely limited. I only know what I do from experience. Being in your shoes plenty of times and simply asking questions.   TBH the main reason I said OP probably won't do this, is because this is actually a few months old now, and was originally posted on opendayz.net

http://opendayz.net/threads/epoch-custom-chernarus-traders-by-it07.17995/

And somewhere in that thread someone asked him to modify it somehow and he told them it would be too much work. Furthermore, he went on to say

For anyone who is interested: I am working on custom traders for Napf at the moment. Stage of development: debugging.

So I believe he is busy with other projects.

Anyways, I have no problem helping when I can.

@Raptoruk:

I understand your point of view and why you are suggesting the change. But you have to understand that I designed the traders in such a way that it would not force server Admins to implement (often) crappy safezone scripts. The majority of the people that use my traders are happy with the way it has been built and you are the first one that notified me about the distance that need to be made in order to put bought stuff into a vehicle.

I have learned this by making these traders: You can never make everyone happy. You can try to make the majority happy (which I did), but not everyone.

Even though I fully understand your point of view and I respect that. But if you really want to have it changed, we can arrange something in a form of a donation. And what DangerRuss said: "it is a time consuming process".

make sure the numbers represented in the server_traders.sqf reflect the same numbers used in the database.

So just for hypothetical, if the server_traders.sqf says the Black Market Trader > Black Market Guns is number 700, check your database to make sure 700 is actually right, if not change it.

Thats all I Can really think of... I mean this requires you to replace 2 files and thats it. One in the server PBO and the other in the mission PBO. So if the traders are there but not working, its a problem with the server_traders.sqf and/or your database.

They all seem to match, I did some testing and it seems that traders that remain in their original places still work fine. What version of epoch is this for? I'm running 1.0.4.2

My traders work with all Epoch default traders that are untouched.

These were made for 1042 and tested a lot of times on that version. But they work with 105 as well.

Just to make the installation instructions clear:

- replace the mission.sqf located in the download with the one in your dayZ_server.pbo > missions > epoch11.Chernarus >

- replace server_traders.sqf located in the download with the one that is in the root of your dayz_mission or Epoch11.Chernarus.pbo or whatever the hack your server host called it.

The instructions are extremely simple and require almost 0 skill to execute. If you did the installation process correctly, you must have a corrupted version or a lot of trouble with your database.

I was able to figure out all the steps up until this point:

It can be a different number for class Item17 if you have custom extra markers installed!
But if you have a default mission.sqm, then it should be called Item17.
Do not forget to +1 the default marker count:
(make it 18)

class Markers{items=17;class Item0{Done!

I'm a little confused as to what to do here.

Read the thread.

Hint- no

Could you tell me what I did wrong installing this?

For the most part everything worked. Looks great by the way C: All traders are there and looks way better. However, it took me a while to notice the NW Airfield airplane dealer that was there. For some reason that airplane dealer in the NW airfield isn't showing up on the map. Aslo, the default airplane dealer which is next to the hero trader is still there.

What did i do wrong?

You didn't follow all of the instructions. You need to add the marker, the details are in the instructions. I'm not st my pc right now so I can't help anymore than that. The NEA aircraft dealer is more or less the same with some minor changes. Unless you are saying there is more than one trader at the aircraft dealer?

Read everything before doing anything. If something isn't right, you did something wrong. Read the thread to find out what you did wrong. The answer to your question about the trader not being marked on your map is literally step number 2. This tells me that not only did you not read everything the first time, but you also didn't go back and read it again to figure out what you did wrong. Right now , you're "that guy." Don't be that guy.

Read everything before doing anything. If something isn't right, you did something wrong. Read the thread to find out what you did wrong. The answer to your question about the trader not being marked on your map is literally step number 2. This tells me that not only did you not read everything the first time, but you also didn't go back and read it again to figure out what you did wrong. Right now , you're "that guy." Don't be that guy.

Im not trying to be a hassle, this is my first server and I'm really new at this. I was just asking for some help but its ok I'll just try and figure out what i did wrong myself.

Basically I was asking for help understanding this:

It can be a different number for class Item17 if you have custom extra markers installed!

But if you have a default mission.sqm, then it should be called Item17.

Do not forget to +1 the default marker count:

​I'm new at this so naturally I had some trouble. 

I know you're new at this, and need help. I know your'e not trying to be a hassle. Im not trying to be a dick.  The thing is, it is very frustrating when people ask questions that are very easily answered with a tiny bit of searching. Asking the community for help is something you do after you have exhausted all other avenues. Otherwise, the threads get cluttered with all kinds of crap and the important stuff becomes easily overlooked. Also, lots of questions quickly burn out the person answering all of the questions. Then people stop answering questions altogether.

Furthermore, in your post that I replied to, you never mentioned anything about numbers, or trouble in the mission.sqm, all you said was

All traders are there and looks way better. However, it took me a while to notice the NW Airfield airplane dealer that was there. For some reason that airplane dealer in the NW airfield isn't showing up on the map.

which to someone like me, looks like you didnt even read the instructions because the answer to that is step number 2.

Now that you have refined your question, it appears that you did look and read the instructions but are still confused. In which case I am very happy to help.

So in the mission.sqm there is a section called "markers"  and you would add the marker for the NWA Aircraft trader underneath the very last marker there. Then, you change the number to whatever the next number in the markers would be. So if the last marker was number 16, this new marker you are adding is number 17. At the very top of the markers section there is a number. Mine looks like this.

items=18;

If you notice, the markers start counting at zero, not 1. So even if you the marker you are adding is number 17, you really have 18 total because you start at zero.  So you want to change this number to represent the total number of markers you have. I hope that clears it up some.

Also, Im still not sure what you meant about the NEA aircraft trader.

I know you're new at this, and need help. I know your'e not trying to be a hassle. Im not trying to be a dick.  The thing is, it is very frustrating when people ask questions that are very easily answered with a tiny bit of searching. Asking the community for help is something you do after you have exhausted all other avenues. Otherwise, the threads get cluttered with all kinds of crap and the important stuff becomes easily overlooked. Also, lots of questions quickly burn out the person answering all of the questions. Then people stop answering questions altogether.

Furthermore, in your post that I replied to, you never mentioned anything about numbers, or trouble in the mission.sqm, all you said was

which to someone like me, looks like you didnt even read the instructions because the answer to that is step number 2.

Now that you have refined your question, it appears that you did look and read the instructions but are still confused. In which case I am very happy to help.

So in the mission.sqm there is a section called "markers"  and you would add the marker for the NWA Aircraft trader underneath the very last marker there. Then, you change the number to whatever the next number in the markers would be. So if the last marker was number 16, this new marker you are adding is number 17. At the very top of the markers section there is a number. Mine looks like this.

items=18;

If you notice, the markers start counting at zero, not 1. So even if you the marker you are adding is number 17, you really have 18 total because you start at zero.  So you want to change this number to represent the total number of markers you have. I hope that clears it up some.

Also, Im still not sure what you meant about the NEA aircraft trader.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the extra help. I honestly tried my best to understand and run some Google searches before contacting you, but I had no luck. I understand now, thanks for the help.

Thanks for doing this DangerRuss. I really appreciate it :)

no prob I've been in his shoes and it's really frustrating because you're trying to understand something that is completely new to you. Plus you have the stress of it being on a live server and effecting players. So I help where I can since Ive been there and done that.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the extra help. I honestly tried my best to understand and run some Google searches before contacting you, but I had no luck. I understand now, thanks for the help.

yea and again I wasn't trying to come off like a complete asshole, I was just a bit frustrated. Once I understood that you had actually tried I calmed down a little. It's the people who don't try and spam questions that hurt the community. It might seem like no big deal when they do, but if you annoy the original content author enough, they simply stop answering questions. Then, when there is a legitimate problem or issue, they're no where to be found.

Anyways, in the future if you really have tried, dont hesitate to ask. Just make sure you explain what you've tried so others know how they can help you. Eventually you'll learn enough from doing this that you'll look back and say, "I can't believe I didnt know how to do that, it was so easy!" I know I have many times. Good luck!

Hey, I followed this to the dot. I use Vilayer host but I was able to find all the files that needed changing. One prob though, each time I try and join my server now I just get stuck on black screen with "Wait For Host".

Really hope you can help me here. Love the look of this new trader and would love to add it to my server!

Thanks in advance

~~Edit: Got it working, needed to leave this line in at the top of Server_Trader.sqf

// DayZ Epoch TRADERS for 11