How do I heli lift cars?

nathan00107

Question

14 answers to this question

I was trying to figure this out too.. maybe we're too dumb.. or maybe the server I was on was just different?

I was presented with the option to turn on a lift HUD, so I did, which showed a big crosshair/target in the bottom right of my screen with a picture of the humvee I wanted to lift.. but I was never presented with an option to lift it and no matter how many different buttons I pressed or even looking around to line up the car with the crosshari (which required 3rd person view and holding ALT) it would not work.

So many different variations, it's hard to tell.

I have tried this all morning on my server, tried adding DZE_HeliLift = true; to my init.sqf, used the correct vehicles, even tried adding the individual classnames to the arrays in variables.sqf instead of the groups.

I get no options to lift certainly from the pilot end of things.

I'm baffled.  I've done a ton of searching and haven't seen anything other than whats posted in the changelogs.

Has anyone got this working at all?

This is a script, just installed and will work very good!

[ADDED] Cars, small Trucks, and Boats now able to be lifting with Chinooks only. Lifted vehicle must be unlocked and unmanned. Enabled by default use DZE_HeliLift = false; in init.sqf to disable. @Zabn @vbawo

This is a script, just installed and will work very good!

[ADDED] Cars, small Trucks, and Boats now able to be lifting with Chinooks only. Lifted vehicle must be unlocked and unmanned. Enabled by default use DZE_HeliLift = false; in init.sqf to disable. @Zabn @vbawo

Well that cleared that up then....

If you'd read what I posted you'd see that I'd edited variables.sqf so the "chinook only" in the 104 patch notes doesn't apply.  Secondly, we're not talking about using R3F or any other lifting solution (there are a few) we want to know how to use the built-in version added in 104.

Well that cleared that up then....

If you'd read what I posted you'd see that I'd edited variables.sqf so the "chinook only" in the 104 patch notes doesn't apply.  Secondly, we're not talking about using R3F or any other lifting solution (there are a few) we want to know how to use the built-in version added in 104.

Cramps2, apparently you need two people, one on the ground and one flying the chopper about 10m aboive the car you want to lift. Give that a try if you have time.

Cramps2, apparently you need two people, one on the ground and one flying the chopper about 10m aboive the car you want to lift. Give that a try if you have time.

That's right.

In the epoch mod heli lift you need to be 2 to do it.

One will fly up to the car ( 10 meters)

second at ground will be able to use option to attach car to the heli.

By default, only chinook and Merlin can lift car and small véhicule ( a small list) ans some small boat.

Once vehicul is liftet, you dont need the second men on the ground to put the lifted vehicule on the ground.

Yeah in a Chinnock I can hover over small vehicles like pickups and select lift (it's in blue) you don't need a second guy or at least I didn't.

(sorry to steal thread but)

I have since installed R3F lift tow and was wondering should I disable helilift as I will be setting a few vehicles including the Chinnock to be able to lift?

Same issue here. The default Epoch lift option with the CH47 doesn't seem to work in 1.0.4.2. I posted about this earlier, but did not get any response, so I figured maybe it was just a problem with the server:

Here is the information posted by Axle, but I followed it exactly and couldn't get it working:

Q: How does helicopter vehicle towing work?

A:  Only one chopper can lift vehicles. It's the CH-47 or "Chinook". When lifting a vehicle you need to be at least 5m above the vehicle and no higher than 15m. One person must be on the ground to get the scroll option to attach vehicle. Not all vehicles can be lifted. You are not allowed to enter a vehicle being lifted. Once the vehicle is attached it can be detached by the pilot. You can NOT lift a locked vehicle. You also can not attach a vehicle that has another player in it.

And supposedly, this is the list of vehicles that should work with lift in default Epoch:

in variables.sqf:

DZE_HeliAllowTowFrom = [
    "CH_47F_EP1_DZE",
    "CH_47F_EP1_DZ",
    "CH_47F_BAF",
    "CH_47F_EP1"
];

DZE_HeliAllowToTow = [
    "hilux1_civil_1_open",
    "HMMWV_Base",
    "Lada_base",
    "Offroad_DSHKM_base",
    "Pickup_PK_base",
    "SkodaBase",
    "tractor",
    "VWGolf",
    "Volha_TK_CIV_Base_EP1",
    "S1203_TK_CIV_EP1",
    "SUV_Base_EP1",
    "ArmoredSUV_Base_PMC",
    "UAZ_Base",
    "LandRover_Base",
    "Ship"
];

I tried several times and could not get it working, although I have not tried all the vehicles on the list. I've only tried a HMMWv, a Volha,  and a UAZ.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, it seems broken, especially if it's not working for others either.