Removal of backpack on dead AI = RPT error

mark88

Question

Im using DZMS and WAI at the same time.

Soon im gonna whipe the server and make the whole game alot harder to people ...

So im trying to erease the backpack after AI died, which also works like a charm with following:

removeBackpack _unit;

But at the same time it always throws me this:

if (!_actionSet) then {
s_player_holderPickup>
10:47:18   Error position: <_actionSet) then {
s_player_holderPickup>
10:47:18   Error Undefined variable in expression: _actionset
10:47:18 File z\addons\dayz_code\init\object_BackpackAction.sqf, line 13
10:47:19 Error in expression < getVariable["actionSet", false];

Since i am using this line for about 210 active NPCs no matter how they die (shot by other NPCs, run over by car, killed by players ...) - it will throw the shown error and also cause huge server lag.

The really weird thing is if i remove this line (removeBackpack _unit;) from all scripts/methods, then server-fps will be about 5-8 higher at any time which is extremely weird even for the arma engine.

Any suggestions or even solutions? I would be happy!

12 answers to this question

removed the back packs from Ai and that seemed to do the trick i had to edit a few files ,  

only rpt erorr i see now is at the start of the server i get this , it might not be to bad of an error , i didnt go all out and look at all of the files , im a little hung over atm

any server owners who also had to do this on there server ? info would be good not just for me but for every one , i will post what i did soon it was pretty easy , my heads killing me =P

19:23:57 "WAI: AI Config File Loaded"
19:23:57 "WAI: AI Monitor Started"
19:23:57 "WAI: Initialising missions"
19:24:06 "[DZAI] Removing invalid classname: ."
19:24:06 "[DZAI] Contents of DZAI_Backpacks0 failed verification. Invalid entries removed."
19:24:06 "[DZAI] Contents of DZAI_Backpacks1 failed verification. Invalid entries removed."
19:24:06 "[DZAI] Contents of DZAI_Backpacks2 failed verification. Invalid entries removed."
19:24:06 "[DZAI] Contents of DZAI_Backpacks3 failed verification. Invalid entries removed."
19:24:09 "[DZAI] Verified 146 unique classnames in 5.152 seconds."

edit fixed the above error

OK, TNT .. what was the fix, you said you where going to post in a few days lol

My bad forgot i even had posted this 

if any one wants WI AI 2.1.4 with no packs here u go these files were on my server 

the .bak files are the original if you want to compare (or delete for space) for the changes the only thing u should have to do is edit the init file because i have it set up for my server

http://www.filedropper.com/wai214nobackpacks

i also have the edits done on dzai but i need to update it is a bit out dated , will post the changes mayb in a few days =P

I am new to these forums, however, I am currently building an error free DayZ Origins/Overwatch/Lingor/Epoch server. Server admins can use the fix here to override the version of the file that is loaded from the config file.

Instructions to fix this:

1. Add the fixed file to your mission.pbo (I put it in the 'custom' folder).

2. Add the following line to your custom compiles.sqf in the 'if (!isDedicated) then {'  section (If you don't have this, many places can tell you how to do it).

object_BackpackAction = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\object_BackpackAction.sqf";

Because the custom compiles.sqf is loaded after the config file, it will override the bad file. :) It appears to have worked for me.

Hope this helps someone else besides me, I know this post is kind of old.

EDIT: This actually did not work, i was fooled :(

Yah, i was doing some further testing after posting. So here is what i came up with...

I changed the call to the following:

compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\object_BackpackAction.sqf";

Though this may not have made a difference.

Edit: I am testing without this part now.

The other thing i did is in my EMS 'add_unit_server2.sql', i changed everywhere that had 'removeBackpack _aiunit;' to the following:

if !(unitBackpack _aiunit = "") then {
removeBackpack _aiunit;
}

I am continuing to test, however, since these changes, i have been unable to reproduce the error.

Hi,

i had that problem to. I just made sure, that in my AI Settings (EMS / WAI / DZMS  - Whatever) i choosed, that AI definatly has a backpack. So there is no ai, that spawns without backpack. That helps the error spam, untill the new client version is being released.

Sorry to be unfriendly, but the main reason this is happening is because of the Lack of testing. If you do not have a Test Server you will want to run such things with trustfull or no players on that server. You should not edit live servers when people are playing on there without testing even the most unthinkable scenario.

Also i don't get the point on that 'fix', why not just make sure that ai has got a backpack?

@UKMartin, my up and coming server is still in Test mode, the only other person using the server atm is a friend that helps test stuff for me. As for the fix, it was designed to check for a backpack on the ai, if there wasn't already a backpack then it wouldn't try to remove what wasn't there in the first place. The very next line of code adds a custom backpack, ie: one with more slots than the basic ones. This was part of the version of EMS that I was using. The above fix was successful in removing the error that occurred when the server attempted to remove a backpack from an AI that did not have a backpack. However, moving forward, I found a more up to date version of EMS that spawned AI in a different manner and did not require this fix. So in the end, I didn't need the fix anyway. :)

All I had is ESSV2 and infistar installed. and this error popped up for me when changing class at spawn

Error Undefined variable in expression: _actionset  file z\addons\dayz_code\init\object_BackpackActiopn.sqf, line 13

The server played ok, but had some terrible lag at start up.  all I did was go into class.sqf and comment out removeplayerbackpack and this got rid of the error showing up and the lag disappeared.

if !(_isPZombie) then {
    {player removeMagazine _x;} count magazines player;
    removeAllItems player;
    removeAllWeapons player;
    //removeBackpack player;