Gender selection

syco

Question

I seem to have some issue with the gender selection screen not showing up every time a player dies on my epoch panthera 1.0.4.2 server with dayz.st host. This also seems to be needed for them to receive the custom loadout they have donated for. It randomly gives the selection but not always. When it does give it they receive the loadout but when it don't they get the default loadout. Any help or someone pointing me in the right direction will help a lot.

After looking through a lot of codes I have found in player_monitor.fsm some lines about the gender selection.

item43[] = {"Gender_Selection",2,250,-575.000000,400.000000,-475.000000,450.000000,0.000000,"Gender Selection" \n "Dialog"};
          priority = 5.000000;
          to="Gender_Selection";
          precondition = /*%FSM<CONDPRECONDITION""">*/""/*%FSM</CONDPRECONDITION""">*/;
          condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"_isNew && _isInfected == 0"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;
          action=/*%FSM<ACTION""">*/""/*%FSM</ACTION""">*/;
        };
    /*%FSM<STATE "Gender_Selection">*/
    class Gender_Selection
    {
      name = "Gender_Selection";
      init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"dayz_selectGender = ""Survivor2_DZ"";" \n
       "1 cutText ["""", ""BLACK"",0];" \n
       "endLoadingScreen;" \n
       "createDialog ""RscDisplayGenderSelect"";" \n
       "freshSpawn = 2;"/*%FSM</STATEINIT""">*/;
      precondition = /*%FSM<STATEPRECONDITION""">*/""/*%FSM</STATEPRECONDITION""">*/;
      class Links
      {
        /*%FSM<LINK "Selected">*/
        class Selected
        {
          priority = 0.000000;
          to="Process";
          condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"!dialog"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;
        };
      name = "Process";
      init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"_model = dayz_selectGender;"/*%FSM</STATEINIT""">*/;
      precondition = /*%FSM<STATEPRECONDITION""">*/""/*%FSM</STATEPRECONDITION""">*/;
      class Links
      {
        /*%FSM<LINK "Hive_Ok">*/
        class Hive_Ok
        {
          priority = 0.000000;
          to="Phase_One";
          condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"true"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;
        };
        /*%FSM</LINK>*/
      };
    };

Is it possible to change the priority = 0.000000; to a higher value like priority = 10.000000?

3 answers to this question

I am having the same issue where gender selection flashes on the screen then disappears without allowing a choice. I have added:

diag_log (format["IsNew: %1",_isNew]);
diag_log (format["IsInfected: %1",_isInfected]);

...to my server_playerLogin.sqf and the result is isNew: true, isInfected: 0. What could make the FSM terminate without allowing a choice in the dialog?

Please fix this issue guys it is no fun being forced to play a male character!

So I noticed that after I changed my servers map from Napf to Chernarus, gender selection now works every time. Coincidence? Or maybe there is something in the mission file that is different between the two that would give us a clue?