Arma 3 Breaking Point Group System

WAE

Question

Hey guys, can someone possibly find/code a script that lets you do something similar to Arma 3 Breaking Point's Group System or Wasteland's Group System. I want my players to be able to invite others to a group and then have the hexagon show up as Arma 2 does with groups so you can see where your clan members are. It'd be a cool feature and I've seen it implemented before. 

Before anyone says, I have searched and have not found anything relating to the code behind it, there may be something out there though.

Any help is appreciated,

Cheers.

13 answers to this question

So I'm getting closer (I think). I found the tag as friendly script in dayz_code, and also found this line:

[player] join (group _inviter);

I found it in a wasteland mission. I'm thinking, since _inviter is a variable which is the value of the player's UID, all we've got to do is find the variable which is used in the tag as friendly script and replace it with that. The file is here:

player_tagFriendly.sqf

private["_target", "_caller", "_callerID", "_targetID", "_friendlies", "_rfriendlies"];
_target = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;

call fnc_usec_medic_removeActions;
r_action = false;

_callerID = _caller getVariable "CharacterID";
_targetID = _target getVariable "CharacterID";

_friendlies = _caller getVariable ["friendlies", []];
_friendlies set [count _friendlies, _targetID];
_caller setVariable ["friendlies", _friendlies, true];

_rfriendlies = _target getVariable ["friendlies", []];

if !(_callerID in _rfriendlies) then {
	titleText [(localize "STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_8"), "PLAIN DOWN"]; //To Caller
	/* PVS/PVC - Skaronator */
	PVDZE_send = [_target,"tagFriendly",[_target]]; //To Target
	publicVariableServer "PVDZE_send";
};

I think the variable that we've got to replace it with is either _callerID or _targetID. There has to be another file though because where would the action be located to add as friendly. I looked in fn_selfActions.sqf and couldn't locate it. So close, I don't want to give up!

Looking good, I'd look foward to something like this!

Try fn_damageactions.sqf

Thanks! Found the action for Tag as Friendly here. Now we've just got to find which variable to place there. Hmmmm

} else {

// should only fire if cursor target is man and not vehicle
		if ((isPlayer _unit) and !(_charID in _friendlies)) then {
			r_action = true;
			_action = _unit addAction ["Tag as friendly", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_tagFriendly.sqf", [], 0, false, true, "", ""];
			r_player_actions set [count r_player_actions,_action];
		};

};

Hmm, very often replies I know, but I think I've found an issue. What if more than one player wants to tag as friendly, so if you are in a clan. You'd end up having one person who can't see the other out of the three. Because you can't be in more than one group on Arma 2 at the same time, it'd be an issue because then players would have to go through some awkward system to add to a group. I'm thinking, maybe I might make a menu similar to Wasteland using a hpp file and just have the group managing system on it. Gonna have to think about this one.

After the above issues, I thought it through a little bit and decided, why not just use the Wasteland Group System. I think we have permission, because lots of other servers have just taken the mission file and stuck it up as their own name, and they also offer a download button on their website for their Wasteland Mission Files with no Terms or anything that you have to agree to, or no signs of having to ask for permission, so I think we're ready to go. I will make a tutorial on how to do this later in the Server Mods Corner section after me and our community have done some further testing to check for bugs, BattlEye kicks, etc.