[RESOLVED] No vehicle respawns...

Question

New Dayz Epoch 1.0.1.5 install with problems:

1. The initial vehicle spawn round did spawn like 160 vehicles, that was with settings unchanged in any way, looking like that:

MaxHeliCrashes= 5; // Default = 5
MaxVehicleLimit = 300; // Default = 50
MaxDynamicDebris = 500; // Default = 100

2. Much worse there are no respawns up to now (2 days). Number of vehicles decreases as sales go on, and nothing comes after.

So I upped the max vhicle limit a bit and lowered the dynamic debris, but no success.

My init.sqf config section:

// DayZ Epoch config
spawnShoremode = 1; // Default = 1 (on shore)
spawnArea= 1500; // Default = 1500
MaxHeliCrashes= 25; // Default = 5 ##### Changed to 25 #####
MaxVehicleLimit = 350; // Default = 50
MaxDynamicDebris = 150; // Default = 100
dayz_MapArea = 14000; // Default = 10000
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 30; // Default = 30
dayz_tameDogs = true;
DZE_TRADER_SPAWNMODE = true;

//EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"]];
//Originalzeile ober geaendert auf:
EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",5,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"]];
dayz_fullMoonNights = false;

In dynamic_vehicle.sqf there are some 200 vehicles with limits from 1 to 8, so summing up to more than 500....

Thought I might better attach both files - just had to rename them to .txt...dynamic_vehicle.txtinit.txt

I have SARGE AI and fuel script installed, also some additional buildings, which brought the mission file up to 1 MB - but that was the same with 1.0.1.4 - and there everything was perfect....

Sorry to say that, but 1.0.1.5 Update - to me - did not improve anything. 1.0.1.4 was running sooo sweet:

- Trader menus RUNNING, unlike in 1.0.1.1 (a real pain) and 1.0.1.5 (after a restart REALLY slow, like 2-3 minutes for one sale, after some 1 hour fast again... no idea why...)

- All respawning of vehicles working fine - not in 1.0.1.5 (read above)

- working scripts.txt - currently I have the server running without a scripts.txt - as ther was none provided with 1.0.1.55 - and still is not...

I don't want to be rude - but to me 1.0.1.5 looks like hastily crafted together and released too early.... I would rather prefer to wait a a few more weeks for an update (especially as 1.0.1.4 was not in urgent need to be updated), and then having it complete and tested....

Anyway - I went off-topic... sorry

I would appreciate any help with my respawn problem... as there will come the day when all vehicles are sold.... and then my server will die :-(

So how can I make the server spawn (and keep) a constant number of around 300 to 350 vehicles.

Attachments: dynamic_vehicle.sqf and inti..sqf: dynamic_vehicle.txtinit.txt

8 answers to this question

Thx for your quick reply...

Yes, I have customized a few things:

1. I added some vehicles - I put them into dynamic_vehicles.sqf and inserted them into Traders_DATA with the respective TID's for Chernarus.

Already checked dynamic_vehicles.sqf for syntax errors, like missing commas or such.

2. I reworked the pricing system for vehicles and weapons. Therefor I exported Traders_DATA after fresh install, the re-imported altered sql file. I gave the new/ additional items ids, like in the original sql file, just made sure they were not in use already (used number upwards from the last existing entry).

3. Installed SARGE AI

4. Installed fuelscript

5. Customized some entries (for setting that are meant to be customized) in init.sqf

Can provide changelogs for all changes, if useful for you to look at.

But all those changes I already had in 1.0.1.1 and 0.1.1.4 as well.... except for some entries in scripts.txt, as there is currently no scripts.txt in 1.0.1.5. (So also not on my server.... so there are also no kicks basically)

As for the log files:

In arma2oaserver.RPT I get a lot of errors related to upsmon in SARGE AI looking like that:

Don't think they influence Epoch in any way...

>
 1:33:53   Error position: <_x,_flankPos] call KRON_distancePosSqr;
>
 1:33:53   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
 1:33:53 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\UPSMON\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 1484
 1:33:53 Error in expression <=0 && {_i != _grpid} &&  {format ["%1", _x] != "[0,0]"}) then {
_dist1 = [_x,_fl>
 1:33:53   Error position: <_x] != "[0,0]"}) then {
_dist1 = [_x,_fl>
 1:33:53   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
 1:33:53 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\UPSMON\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 1483
 1:33:53 Error in expression <"%1", _x] != "[0,0]"}) then {
_dist1 = [_x,_flankPos] call KRON_distancePosSqr;

Then i also found this error... seems to have to do something with calling the Hero traders Military armored menu... wonder where there is an error though

2:50:40 "HIVE: Menu Request by ClientID: 4"
 2:50:40 "HIVE: Request sent"
 2:50:40 "HIVE: Commence Menu Streaming..."
 2:50:40 [
[5619,["HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1",2],7,[2,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],[8,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1],0,562,"trade_any_vehicle"],
[5621,["HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1",2],8,[2,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],[8,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1],0,562,"trade_any_vehicle"],
[5622,["LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1",2],6,[2,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],[8,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1],0,562,"trade_any_vehicle"],
[5623,["LandRover_MG_TK_EP1",2],8,[2,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],[8,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1],0,562,"trade_any_vehicle"],
[5624,["UAZ_MG_TK_EP1",2],10,[1,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],[4,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1],0,562,"trade_any_vehicle"],
[5625,["GAZ_Vodnik",2],7,[4,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],[1,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],0,562,"trade_any_vehicle"],
[7230,["BTR40_MG_TK_GUE_EP1",2],6,[3,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],[1,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],0,562,"trade_any_vehicle"],
[7231,["HMMWV_Armored",2],5,[2,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],[8,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1],0,562,"trade_any_vehicle"]]
 2:50:42 Error in expression <[];

Then I also get those, I think on server restart:

=====================================================================
== C:\SERVICES\ni166207_3\dayz\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe
== Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe     -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=1 -maxmem=2047 -noCB  -noSound -ip=85.131.171.151 -port=2302 -config=dayz_1.epoch.chernarus\server_config.cfg -cfg=dayz_1.epoch.chernarus\basic.cfg -profiles=dayz_1.epoch.chernarus -name=Bliss -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2013/06/05 11:34:40
Current time:  2013/07/28 12:01:50

Version 1.62.105785
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice
Item str_actions_build listed twice
Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/14Rnd_FFAR/
Updating base class ->PistolCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Pistol/
Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/RocketPods/
Updating base class ->RocketPods, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/FFARLauncher/
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemCore/
Updating base class ->Citizen, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1/
Updating base class ->UAZ_Base, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UAZ_Unarmed_Base/
Updating base class ->Ural_Base_withTurret, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ural_Base/
Updating base class ->Car, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SkodaBase/
Updating base class ->Skodabase, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/car_sedan/
Updating base class ->Car, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/hilux1_civil_1_open/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Fire/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_A_tent/
Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACamp/
Updating base class ->Car, by ca\wheeled2\lada\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Lada_base/
Updating base class ->SUV_Base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\suv\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SUV_TK_CIV_EP1/
Updating base class RscStandardDisplay->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.cpp/RscDisplayStart/
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscShortcutButtonMain, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.cpp/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Exit/
Updating base class RscText->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.cpp/RscTitles/Default/
Updating base class Soldier_Crew_PMC->Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/SurvivorW2_DZ/
Updating base class ->ViewOptics, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Mi17_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class HouseBase->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class NonStrategic->BuiltItems, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Fort_RazorWire/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air2\mv22\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MV22/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air2\uh1y\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->Land_fortified_nest_small, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_fortified_nest_small_EP1/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNet_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNet_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNetB_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNetB_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_1L_Noentry, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Sign_1L_Noentry_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_circle, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helper_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->ReammoBox_EP1, by ca\weapons_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Bag_Base_BAF/
Updating base class ->m107, by ca\weapons_e\m107\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m107_TWS_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Refuel_TK_GUE_EP1/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_e\ah6j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH6_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air_e\an2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/An2_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->CH47_base_EP1, by ca\air_e\ch47\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CH_47F_EP1/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air_e\uh1h\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->UH60M_US_base_EP1, by ca\air_e\uh60m\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH60M_EP1/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Crew_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_TL_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Sniper_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_L_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_L_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_Officer_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_Officer_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_TK_EP1/
Obsolete class Animations defined in bin\config.bin/RscCompass/
Obsolete class Animations defined in bin\config.bin/RscWatch/

Sorry for the wall of text - but as I didn't know what to search for specifically I put here anything that looked somewhat suspicious.

For hiveext.log I haven't found any relevant error... uploaded a part of it to look at though...

HiveExt0728_1.txt

Is there another log to check?

Shall I upload some log file? Maybe you could provide me after what I should look specifically...

You have an error in your SQL if this is happening:

[7230,["BTR40_MG_TK_GUE_EP1",2],6,[3,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],[1,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],0,562,"trade_any_vehicle"],
[7231,["HMMWV_Armored",2],5,[2,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1],[8,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1],0,562,"trade_any_vehicle"]]
2:50:42 Error in expression <[];

Check the syntax and ensure you do not have any errors in your changes to the sql. If you still have problems I would suggest you start from scratch and add your changes one at a time checking for errors each time.

Now I found the error responsible for the vehicle spawns:

11:01:15 Error position: <_vehicle} count serverVehicleCounter;

>
11:01:15 Error Undefined variable in expression: _vehicle
11:01:15 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 180
11:01:15 Error in expression <limit = _index select 1;

_qty = {_x == _vehicle} count serverVehicleCounter;

I just have no idea what this error report tells me... maybe you can help?

I understand that server vehicle counter doesn't seem to work for some reason... question is what it uses to count vehicles... which database table and which column... and what could prevent it from working...

As far as I can see the only thing I could have messed up is something in init.sqf... I will try to revert changes to see what happens...

I anyone has another idea - vbawol possibly - please help... I would like to try to get it working by corrections rather than start from scratch... if possible...

Edit: Tried init.sqf without any changes in settings block - no success...

Sorry for not posting within he last days - I managed to get it working - no idea how though. I THINK I didn't do it differently as when I did it the first time, but, of course, that's not possible. There MUST have been a difference... I just didn't realise where :-).

Anyway - everything up and running. Thanks for your help.