So close to creating a LAN server I could scream! Suggestions please.

TheBigCheese

Question

I've had a recommendation to visit this forum and it looks like you are the experts so I don't know if you may be able to help...

I've been following this tutorial to create a LAN server:

It's gone very well but it crashes at the last second, this is what happens:

Create the server 

Star the game with Dayz Commander 

Takes me to the multiplayer setup screen

Click OK

Dayz Epoch loading screen comes up

Crashes back to desktop saying:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Arma2OAserver.exe
Application Version: 1.62.103.718
Application Timestamp: 51682563
Fault Module Name: HiveExt.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.9.6.14
Fault Module Timestamp: 52deebf8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00031640
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I think it's the server crashing, as the game is still running in the background, it says something like the server or the host (can't remember) was lost.

What can be going wrong and how can I fix it?

If anyone has any ideas I'd be really grateful!

Thanks very much in advance.   :)

13 answers to this question

Hello newcomers :)

First of all download and install PBO Manger to be able to pack/unpack your mission file.

Now get this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lem6dcotfuhqtm1/Add_then_in_root_arma_folder.rar

This will get you started.. Inside is an awesome tool called JSGME and an example mission file.

Unrar the content of this zip in the root folder of your Arma OA.

Then run JSGME press OK after.

I used DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus for this example but if you want to use another mission....dont forget to update your config.cfg file with the name of the mission all the way down at the bottom.

Also change your passwordAdmin value....its for the rcon pass. (also in the BEserver.cfg in the instance folder, in case you will run BEC at some point)

I've set the server password to 123 also (change it in there again if you want).

And i've set BattlEye = 0;   set it to 1 if you want Battleye. (for testing i have it 0, so i dont get kicked when i install scripts etc)...but have a password so you wont have hackers joining in.

Also change in the HiveExt.ini the user/pass/name of your database. (i presume you have installed a webserver like WAMP to get a nice MYSQL server and PHPMyadmin to administrate it. If you havent, then you need to get WAMP, its awesome....install it, then go to phpmyadmin and create a database (ex: dayz_epoch) and import the SQL file you got from the server files. Import all the other little things it has there as well...procedures etc). Then either create a new user with pass, or use the default one (user: root, pass:   <---empty) and add that to your hiveext.ini.

So how to use JSGME now....well its easy. Instead of doing all your work in your root arma folder JSGME does that for you....inside the mods folder there is a folder called 1.0.4.2a.

Inside it is the proper structure your server must have in order to run properly. All JSGME does is that when you Activate a folder it will copy the content of that folder OUTSIDE to your root arma folder.

When you deactivate a folder, it will delete them. This way you can do all your work in your Mods folder (make for example a copy of 1.0.4.2a and tweak it and keep the original, so you dont play with that) and when you are done...activate the one you want. I have all my epoch versions there since 1.0.2.5 so its pretty handy.

You dont have to have JSGME running all the time...just open it enable/disable the 'mod' you want and close it.

You'll notice that when you activate it, it will also copy DayZ_Epoch_instance_11_Chernarus.bat to your root folder....THATS your starter .bat....this will start the server.

If you dont see it in your root arma folder means you didnt Activate the mod in JSGME...

Its always good to have your dayz_server and mission file (DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus) as .pbos before you Activate then. So always right click your folders and with PBO Manager PACK THEM....then delete the folders...so you only have .pbo files. Run the server, test....then close it, unpack the pbos and continue editing if you want. PBO Manager is like Winrar/winzip...think of it like that.

The example i put, should be working 100% (if you make a database and add the user/pass/name in the hiveext.ini)

Run the server and with DayzCommander add the server's IP, port 2302 to your favorites, and you should see it there.

Hope that helps.

still no work. I think it because Im running the server on the OracleVM.

Mods: @DayZ_Epoch_Server
Distribution: 0
Version 1.62.103718
Fault address:  013E432D 01:000D332D E:\chernarus\Expansion\beta\Arma2OAserver.exe
file:     DayZ_Epoch_17 (__cur_mp)
world:    Chernarus
Prev. code bytes: 8B 45 FC 8B 08 89 4D F4 85 C9 0F 84 DD 00 00 00
Fault code bytes: 83 7B EC 00 0F 85 D3 00 00 00 8B 43 F8 89 45 08

Registers:
EAX:1A87D77C EBX:00000020
ECX:1A7FDE40 EDX:00000000
ESI:09EC61F0 EDI:00AFF4FC
CS:EIP:0023:013E432D
SS:ESP:002B:00AFD8A8  EBP:00AFD8E0
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010202
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file instance_11_Chernarus\Arma2OAserver.mdmp

The problem is that we have an linux 12.04 server. We wont wast time to destroy 5 years of work on CFGFactory for an dayz server. Now we installed the virtual box, so its running Windows 7 now. VMware doesnt support linux console.

Thats why I need someone that knows whats he doing.

Hello newcomers :)...

Thanks very much for your post, sorry for the delayed reply, life has been very hectic lately!

We actually managed to get it working quite easily, I just hadn't copied the @dayz_client folder where it needed to go, simple as that! *facepalm*

I do have a couple more questions though now I've actually managed to get a LAN server running but as this thread has rather derailed I'll create a new thread to stop it becoming confusing.

Thanks again though! :D