Unable to connect to database

MajorPainage

Question

For starters, I have had 25-30 dayz server installs, so I have a pretty good knowledge on the setup.

We are setting up a server on a dedicated server.

I have the server up and running, but once we join the server and the server attempts to connect to the database, we get a pop up message that says:

"Hive Error:  Error connecting to the service"

And then the server crashes.

This is what is at the bottom of the .RPT

17:55:31 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon
17:55:31 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl
17:55:33 Error in expression <;
_recompile = (count _this) > 0;

if (BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
17:55:33   Error position: <BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
17:55:33   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_init
17:55:33 File ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf, line 28
17:56:05 "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf:Monitoring Remote Exe..."
17:56:06 Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\compass.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 863, 853, 852
17:56:06 "HIVE: Starting"

And this is the hive.log

2013-07-24 17:56:06 HiveExt: [Information] HiveExt f20dbd5b6625
2013-07-24 17:56:06 Database: [Error] Error 1045 (Access denied for user 'dayz'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) in connect

I tried using an external database on our webhosting, and had the above issues.

So I then tried installing the database on the dedicated server with the game server, and still the same issue.

I have edited the hiveext.cfg in both cases for each database.  

I also used different database, user and passwords for each setup in case I typed something in correctly, and nothing appears to work.

I am at a loss right now.  Probably something easy I am overlooking.

9 answers to this question

2013-07-24 17:56:06 Database: [Error] Error 1045 (Access denied for user 'dayz'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) in connect

this is saying you are getting denied access because the username or password is wrong.

i was getting the same thing after setting my server up until i reset the password again and now it works fine

That means the SQL database needs to have a user account called dayz, just like Windows has user accounts. If you have no created the user account for your SQL install named dayz and given it a password and tried to connect to the SQL database it will not work.