One life only mod

Question

Hi all, very new to running my Epoch server, its just a sandbox for me and a couple of friends at the moment.

What I'm looking to do is a simple way of permanently banning anyone after they have died. So one life only. Is that possible?

If so any of you clever folk know how I can go about it?

Thanks..

7 answers to this question

you could try to set up a public variable which is called by the player who died and restrict it with ban through your battleye filters

Thanks... ;)

OK, so obvious question, how the heck would I go about that, you'll have to put it in leymans terms for me I'm afraid.

no offence but if you want a empty server.... put a pw on it ;)

most servers have returning players especially with epoch having its building site etc

No offence taken ;)

I would password, but I want everyone join, its really to make people less gun-ho.

Having one life makes people act more like real life and not take chances that risk everything...

If you have been playing on the server building up supplies and your base, even the slightest risk of death would get the pulse going.

Knowing I can just log back in, stick a magnet on the W key and pick up everything off my own body doesn't really do it for me anymore.

Instead of limiting it to one life and then your banned, why not look into making your body de spawn in 5 min. Gives enough time for someone who kills you to loot the gear but also clears it up before you can get back to it. Just like having one life with out banning everyone