Need help with steps 2 and 3.

Samago

Question

I am having trouble on step 2 and 3 of the Server install directions:

1. Download both client and server files and extract to the root "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead" folder. Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead"

2. Create a new mysql database called "dayz_epoch" and import the epoch.sql file found in the SQL folder.

3. Open HiveExt.ini and change your mysql connection information.

4. Launch the server with -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server; use the *.bat files for an example.

SQL and Hive is completely foreign to me. Can someone please explain these steps in great detail. I mean really break it down barney style. Go full purple dinosaur. Explain it as if you're explaining it to a 7-year-old. The more detailed the better because I'm really lost. Thank you very much in advance. 

4 answers to this question

Thank you, Nox. I'm looking over it.

Mathewjknott, I'm hosting with Nuclear Fallout. It is a virtual-machine/VPS. I have full access to it via remote desktop, so can change any file and run any program. The operating system is Windows Server 2012.

Update: I got it figured out and the sever is up and running. Thank you so much Nox, Mathewjknott, and Google Translator. I couldn't have done it without you. The tutorial was extremely helpful and easy to follow.