Modular / Crafting refunds on item removal

fr1nk

Question

Way back in September 2013, Snowmobil wrote a on how to make all modular buildables removable.  Along the way, various folks chimed in on how to add refundable components for removed buildables. I ended up using an edited copy of page-4#entry36706 from rocky123xo, and added nearly all modular and other crafted objects to the list of refundable items (sheds, shacks, deer stand, light pole, etc) - remove.sqf, around lines 200-500. This version works fine in 1.0.3.1, but I'm having trouble updating remove.sqf for 1.0.4.2 (items don't get returned and the option to remove non-modular objects like shacks and sheds is no longer available).

Are the instructions in the original guide still valid? If they are, is anyone who's done the update willing to share their file so I can do a compare?

Thanks for any help

can-beans.png

6 answers to this question

Found a quick workaround (really not the best to be honest). Here's what I did so that all modular and other crafted objects can be removed, with item refund:

1) Re-used an edited 1.0.3.1 version of remove.sqf.

2) In variables.sqf (must be custom version with the usual override in init.sqf), do the following:

Find:

DZE_isRemovable = ["Fence_corrugated_DZ","M240Nest_DZ","ParkBench_DZ","Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ","FireBarrel_DZ","Scaffolding_DZ"];

Change to:
DZE_isRemovable = ["Fence_corrugated_DZ","M240Nest_DZ","ParkBench_DZ","Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ","FireBarrel_DZ","Scaffolding_DZ","CanvasHut_DZ","DeerStand_DZ","DesertCamoNet_DZ","DesertLargeCamoNet_DZ","ForestCamoNet_DZ","ForestLargeCamoNet_DZ","GunRack_DZ","LightPole_DZ","MetalGate_DZ","OutHouse_DZ","StickFence_DZ","StorageShed_DZ","Wooden_shed_DZ","WoodShack_DZ"];
This will have to do until I or someone can update remove.sqf to 1.0.4.2.

Yes, it works. As mentioned in the other thread, it sometimes gets glitchy when deconstructing items above ground. The refund always works, but the returned crate sometimes spawns in the air. For the overall convenience this provides though, it's something I'm willing to live with. I also did it the lazy way and re-used an old file...which is what I wasn't too happy with.