Custom map help please ;(

HellGamer115

guys im sorry i keep making threads asking for help but i cant find anything to help me ;(

i made some custom building for dayz epoch server and i want to have a weapon crate because im using wiked AI/Mission system and i made a small base with bots but i want to have a weapon crate in there, how do i put it in? can i edit the map like i did when i made the custom building and put it in that way?

please help guys

Yes, you can place a box in the editor but it will have the default loadout of said box...

I'll write a short tutorial on how to add your own content to it once I access my PC again tommorow.

thank you. also lets say i placed a box and someone take the gear inside it, will the gear respawn after the server restart? also how do i change what gear is inside it?

thank you. also lets say i placed a box and someone take the gear inside it, will the gear respawn after the server restart? also how do i change what gear is inside it?

Yes the gear will respawn each restart. Upload your file for this base to dropbox or something similar (with the crate placed) and I'll use that for the tutorial.

Yes the gear will respawn each restart. Upload your file for this base to dropbox or something similar (with the crate placed) and I'll use that for the tutorial.

i uploaded it but without the crate because i saved the file and now i dont know how to open it to edit it, sorry im very new to this.

but here is the file i saved. http://www.mediafire.com/download/x5pdcd9xyyd4g4y/castle.Chernarus.rar

i know how to get it on the server so you dont have to show me that, but could you also show me how to open up the mission file again because when i press ctrl+e it just goes to a new map.

thank you for the help

I list mine as _bldObj rather than _vehicle, see for why but my example below will show you how to add contents, just edit to suit and remember to change the coordinates to suit :)

_bldObj_669 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _bldObj = createVehicle ["USOrdnanceBox_EP1", [22824.277, 3997.9133, 14.089289], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _bldObj_669 = _bldObj;
  _bldObj setPos [22824.277, 3997.9133, 14.089289];

clearWeaponCargoGlobal _bldObj;
          clearMagazineCargoGlobal _bldObj;

_bldObj addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ChainSawP",2];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["workbench_kit",1];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallDoorLg",1];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodStairsSupport",1];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemSilverBar10oz",5];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemGoldBar10oz",1];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemGoldBar",5];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["FoodCanPasta",20];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemSodaPepsi",20];
          _bldObj addBackpackCargoGlobal ["DZ_Backpack_EP1",1];
          _bldObj setVariable ["permaLoot",true];
};

To clear out the box default loadout you use

I list mine as _bldObj rather than _vehicle, see for why but my example below will show you how to add contents, just edit to suit and remember to change the coordinates to suit :)

_bldObj_669 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _bldObj = createVehicle ["USOrdnanceBox_EP1", [22824.277, 3997.9133, 14.089289], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _bldObj_669 = _bldObj;
  _bldObj setPos [22824.277, 3997.9133, 14.089289];

_bldObj addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ChainSawP",2];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["workbench_kit",1];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallDoorLg",1];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodStairsSupport",1];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemSilverBar10oz",5];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemGoldBar10oz",1];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemGoldBar",5];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["FoodCanPasta",20];
          _bldObj addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemSodaPepsi",20];
          _bldObj addBackpackCargoGlobal ["DZ_Backpack_EP1",1];
          _bldObj setVariable ["permaLoot",true];
};

To clear out the box default loadout you use

so if i wanted to find the coordinates on where to place the weapon box, can i just place something simply like a pole or something and then save it, after ward just copy the coords and just replace your text?

also can you tell me how i can edit the map i just created? because when i press ctrl+e it makes a new map and doesnt let me edit my old one

Yes that would work. But It's best to place the same object.

There should be a button with the text Load on the right of your screen when you press ctrl+e, then select the kind you saved it as ( MP mission, SP mission) and you get a list, then select the one you want to edit.

so if i wanted to find the coordinates on where to place the weapon box, can i just place something simply like a pole or something and then save it, after ward just copy the coords and just replace your text?

also can you tell me how i can edit the map i just created? because when i press ctrl+e it makes a new map and doesnt let me edit my old one

You can use anything but best to use an actual ammo crate, that way it sits where you want exactly how you want.

Then when you're happy save the project, mymap.chernarus and save it as a MP mission, it will by default be saved in 'My Documents'

Read the link i post above, Poncho has added so much quality info you'll be fine if you follow his ways and the help in the thread, it'll all make sense :)

Good luck

You can use anything but best to use an actual ammo crate, that way it sits where you want exactly how you want.

Then when you're happy save the project, mymap.chernarus and save it as a MP mission, it will by default be saved in 'My Documents'

Read the link i post above, Poncho has added so much quality info you'll be fine if you follow his ways and the help in the thread, it'll all make sense :)

Good luck

Yes that would work. But It's best to place the same object.

There should be a button with the text Load on the right of your screen when you press ctrl+e, then select the kind you saved it as ( MP mission, SP mission) and you get a list, then select the one you want to edit.

thank you both for the help, i also got a few more problems, first one is that i used 

but the bots are too advanced by that i mean they are too hard to kill and the players on my server just give up on some of the missions so i was wondering if you could tell me how to turn down their skills. 

the second problem i got is that i want to put a warning system in my server so it lets players know when the server is about to restart, i used bec scheduler but its not showing any messages, i will send you the file if you need it but im going to sleep now so i will send it tomorrow.

the final problem is the custom debug monitor, can you tell me how to do it? because i searched on the forum and i used a custom debug script but when i use it,the traders are broken so when i buy something  i cant cancel trade, it just keep going and going and some other features doesnt work.

again thank you both for the help.

:D

For WAI you want to edit AIconfig.sqf and ajust the values, 1 is full skill and 0.1 is retard.

You're better off finding existing WAI and BEC threads, you'll have more chance of finding the answers and getting help :) both topics have multiple posts about them,

i did that but it made no difference, i was 300 meters away and they just head shot me when i was in helicopters and all the skills were set to 0.15, i will send you the file tomorrow , can you check it? 

i did that but it made no difference, i was 300 meters away and they just head shot me when i was in helicopters and all the skills were set to 0.15, i will send you the file tomorrow , can you check it?

That would be the static AI .50 cal. On full skill level they do that up to 1000m

For WAI you want to edit AIconfig.sqf and ajust the values, 1 is full skill and 0.1 is retard.

You're better off finding existing WAI and BEC threads, you'll have more chance of finding the answers and getting help :) both topics have multiple posts about them,

That would be the static AI .50 cal. On full skill level they do that up to 1000m

i tried, i set every skill to 0.15 but they still shoot you really far away and their accuracy is really good as well.

i uploaded my WAI file can one of you guys please take a look at it? 

http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/88314325/file.html

thank you

please can you help me with something else too,  i run BEC on my server but the scheduler doesnt work, and it says that in the error log. can you tell me how to fix it? i looked it up but most of the other topics are about people writing the scheduler wrong or doing wrong times. please help ;( ;( ;(

00:06:59 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
00:06:59 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
00:07:23 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
02:53:43 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
02:53:43 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
02:54:05 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
04:03:49 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
04:03:49 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
04:04:10 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
08:04:06 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
08:04:06 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
08:04:28 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
12:05:32 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
12:05:32 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
12:05:54 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
12:35:35 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
12:35:35 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
12:35:59 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
12:35:59 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
13:49:28 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
13:49:28 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
13:49:51 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
13:49:51 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
15:46:14 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
15:46:14 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
15:46:43 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
15:46:43 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
16:05:04 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
16:05:04 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
16:05:32 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
16:05:32 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
16:07:34 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
16:07:34 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
16:08:01 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
16:08:01 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
17:11:28 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
17:11:28 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
17:11:56 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
17:11:56 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
17:23:41 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
17:23:41 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
17:24:09 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
17:24:09 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
17:45:04 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
17:45:04 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
17:45:32 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
17:45:32 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
17:55:34 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
17:55:34 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
17:56:01 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
17:56:01 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
20:04:18 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
20:04:18 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
20:04:45 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
20:04:45 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
20:04:50 : Error in unverified check. Processing info later...
22:51:42 : Error in writing to BeLog file
22:51:44 : Error in writing to BeLog file

please can you help me with something else too,  i run BEC on my server but the scheduler doesnt work, and it says that in the error log. can you tell me how to fix it? i looked it up but most of the other topics are about people writing the scheduler wrong or doing wrong times. please help ;( ;( ;(

00:06:59 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
00:06:59 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
00:07:23 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
02:53:43 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
02:53:43 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
02:54:05 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
04:03:49 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
04:03:49 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
04:04:10 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
08:04:06 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
08:04:06 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
08:04:28 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
12:05:32 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
12:05:32 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
12:05:54 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
12:35:35 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
12:35:35 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
12:35:59 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
12:35:59 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
13:49:28 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
13:49:28 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
13:49:51 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
13:49:51 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
15:46:14 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
15:46:14 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
15:46:43 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
15:46:43 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
16:05:04 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
16:05:04 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
16:05:32 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
16:05:32 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
16:07:34 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
16:07:34 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
16:08:01 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
16:08:01 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
17:11:28 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
17:11:28 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
17:11:56 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
17:11:56 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
17:23:41 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
17:23:41 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
17:24:09 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
17:24:09 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
17:45:04 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
17:45:04 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
17:45:32 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
17:45:32 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
17:55:34 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
17:55:34 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
17:56:01 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
17:56:01 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
20:04:18 : Config Error : Username for the reporter account too short!
20:04:18 : Config Error : password for the reporter account too short!
20:04:45 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will not be working.
20:04:45 : Parsing the Schedular File Failed, Recheck The File : not well-formed (invalid token): line 48, column 40
20:04:50 : Error in unverified check. Processing info later...
22:51:42 : Error in writing to BeLog file

hey i found the problem, but i dont know how to fix it.

they said i have to fill in my reporter account username and pass

Reporter account. Fill in the username and password for your reporter account.
# Gamehack,Hacks will be reported to a database. all players who connect will also be checked against this database.

# Setze den Benutzernamen von deinem Account
User = 

# Setze das Passwort von deinem Account
Password =

but i dont know what to type in there, do i have to get it from my server provider or can i just type in a random username and pass?

http://pastebin.com/s1N3Cwbp

Made the AI as dumb as possible, with this config.. I dont know about your BEC problem, I personally don't use the reporter account and I have no idea how to disable it.

dude can you help me with something else? do you have Skype?

because i made an ai outpost with bots but they are dumb as well, i just want the mission bots to be dumb but the custom spawns to be smart.