EMS Vehicles Disappearing in 1.0.4.2

FUBAR22

Question

All,

Ever since updating to 1.0.4.2, the vehicles that spawn using EMS 0.2.6 disappear when I approach them. 

Yes - I have the "Sarge" variable set in the server_functions.sqf

Yes - I have assured Sarge is set for all the missions in EMS folder (major/minor)

What I don't know is if the setvariable needs to be in server_updateObject.

Also, if I change from Sarge to DZAI, so I actually have to have DZAI installed or is it just the variable used.  I am pulling at every option here just tryin to figure it out.

Cheers,

Fubar.

BTW - I still get those FREAKIN HELL RPT spam messages:

0:05:03 Error in expression < && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_sa>
 0:05:03   Error position: <!= 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_sa>

2/17 - EDIT:  Resolved.  A derp moment for me because I forgot to edit

if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then

in the server_updateObject.sqf

@TheVampire - thank you again.  Do you know specifically where in the server_cleanup.fsm this error would spawn from?  I am using the an unedited versions of this file that came from the 1.0.4.2 update.  CHEERS!

7 answers to this question

All,

Ever since updating to 1.0.4.2, the vehicles that spawn using EMS 0.2.6 disappear when I approach them. 

Yes - I have the "Sarge" variable set in the server_functions.sqf

Yes - I have assured Sarge is set for all the missions in EMS folder (major/minor)

What I don't know is if the setvariable needs to be in server_updateObject.

Also, if I change from Sarge to DZAI, so I actually have to have DZAI installed or is it just the variable used.  I am pulling at every option here just tryin to figure it out.

Cheers,

Fubar.

BTW - I still get those FREAKIN HELL RPT spam messages:

0:05:03 Error in expression < && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_sa>

0:05:03   Error position: <!= 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_sa>

Your server_cleanup line is wrong. Hence the rpt spam.

Also your server_updateObject.sqf needs edited to prevent them from dissapearing.

If you don't switch to EMS 0.3, or to DZMS 1.0 though the vehicles won't be sellable at the traders without more code modifications.

@TheVampire - thank you again. 

Do you know specifically where in the server_cleanup.fsm this error would spawn from?  I am using the an unedited versions of this file that came from the 1.0.4.2 update.  CHEERS!

If you have this line showing:

&& (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) &&

Then that is NOT the default server_cleanup.fsm files.

@TheVAmpire - are you talking about server_updateObject.sqf?  That is where the line is.  My server_cleanup.fsm is default.

The line you mentioned belongs in server_updateObject.sqf, which is where it is, and it is spamming my RPT like it always does :-)

cheers

@TheVAmpire - are you talking about server_updateObject.sqf?  That is where the line is.  My server_cleanup.fsm is default.

The line you mentioned belongs in server_updateObject.sqf, which is where it is, and it is spamming my RPT like it always does :-)

cheers

Then its no wonder as that line belongs in server_cleanup normally (which I think is now in the server_moniter.sqf).

@TheVampire -

Hey bro - I think you are thinking of earlier versions prior to 1.0.4.1.  From that version forward, they moved the "hacker check" from server_cleanup.fsm to server_functions.sqf.

server_monitor.sqf does not have any hacker/sarge variable checks or anything.

The only two files that need to have anything added are

server_functions.sqf

if (vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {

server_updateObject.sqf

if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then

I am still waiting for the magic bullet to kill this damn topic once and for all.  I have pages of spam.

Cheers,