Local host (dedicated server) woes 1.4.2.

Darce

Question

I was running a dedicated server on the PC to test scripts without any problems with 1.0.3 but since the update I'm unable to get the server to read the mission files (Unmodified mission).

On joining the server, I am stuck on "wait for host" and the console repeatedly displays "Mission DayZ Epoch Panthera read from directory".  The ArmaOQserver.rpt shows the initial start up as you'd expect;

=====================================================================
== E:\LocalHostDayz\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe
== "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe"  -port=2325 "-config=instance_16_panthera\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_16_panthera\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_16_panthera" -name=instance_16_panthera "-mod=@panthera;@ibr_plants;@ibr_rn;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"
=====================================================================

After the community initialization though, it looks like the mod isn't loading

22:18:14 Missing addons detected:
22:18:14   ibr_panthera2
22:18:14 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ibr_panthera2

I've got the files under the LocalHostDayz folder as below;

files_zpse3029b61.jpg

I've missed something here, has anyone got any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

Solved by CEN (you little ripper!)

The default batch file for Panthera from the Git was the problem.  It should read;

start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2325 "-config=instance_16_panthera\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_16_panthera\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_16_panthera" -name=instance_16_panthera "-mod=@DayZEpochPanthera_Panthera;@DayZEpochPanthera_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

Gawd knows what the other stuff was about!?  "-mod=@panthera;@ibr_plants;@ibr_rn;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;" just failed every time.

And that is why the community needs people like CEN, Maca, Ruubje AnT and more.

Those guys solve more issues between themselves than all of the community! Ruubje personally helped me keep my servers running and I cannot thank him enough for that.

Glad you got the issue resolved and props to CEN +1 :)