SARGE AI Kill Messages

anthony

Question

After transferring to Epoch 1.0.1.5 we no longer get the SARGE AI kill messages. This is not an Epoch issue per se, but I am hoping that by posting here someone can help me work out what I missed or the cause as I edited the 1.0.1.5 mission file and copied the directories.

description.ext
Sidechat has always been disabled on my server, and it worked previously so I haven't tested enabling it again.
added to end: #include "addons\SARGE\SAR_define.hpp"

init.sqf
enableRadio true;
DZE_DeathMsgGlobal = true;
DZE_DeathMsgSide = true;
DZE_DeathMsgTitleText = true;

SHK, UPS, SAR calls added.

Any ideas/suggestions/thoughts would be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

This issue is related to REsec.sqf. Comment the include out of the init.sqf, and messages are sent via sidechat again. While there is no log file message that I can see, my semi-educated guess is that REsec believes the messages are some sort of injection and then blocks it. This is a flaw with SARGE AI rather than Epoch.

Hmm that's strange, I don't recall ever seeing a REsec.sqf in my init.sqf.

Well, my messages have been working but I noticed this yesterday:

3bcm.png

Player names stopped displaying, replaced by "ANY".

Any idea where to look to troubleshoot this?

REsec.sqf was something added to DayZ Mod 1.7.7 and it seems as though DayZ Epoch 1.0.1.5 has also implemented it as there is an #include at the end of the init.sqf. Regarding the "any" name, I played around with it a bit, but got sick of messing with it (i couldnt get name player to work either) so I replaced ai_killer_name with just ai_killer.

REsec.sqf was something added to DayZ Mod 1.7.7 and it seems as though DayZ Epoch 1.0.1.5 has also implemented it as there is an #include at the end of the init.sqf. Regarding the "any" name, I played around with it a bit, but got sick of messing with it (i couldnt get name player to work either) so I replaced ai_killer_name with just ai_killer.

Where did you make the change? Can't find any ai_killer_name in the Sarge files.

Derp. Never mind, I found them.

What does the kill message actually display with this change though?