Complete newbie to scripting

RainbowDash

Question

Hi there guys, I have searched endlessly for the past few days on how to add scripts to an Epoch server that's hosted by Vilayer, but I've found no help. I am reaching out to the community of Day Z and I would like to ask you guys for your help. I Have already bought the server, got it online but I've no idea how to add in scripts of any kind. 

I would like the following scripts on the server:
Tow and lift
Self bloodbag

AI missions

Static AI

Sarge AI

Intro credits

I would also like to know how to use
BEC

Scheduled restarts (With messages)

How to add physical things in the game (Like adding in extra buildings)

I would greatly appreciate any help that is offered to me and I look forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks :)

3 answers to this question

There is many tutorials for adding those scripts, buildings and using bec, so I would suggest that you try it yourself first and if you have a problem, then post it here and I'm sure that you will get help.

If you are too lazy for that and don't want to learn anything, then you should just use some preconfigured server pack like this --> http://opendayz.net/threads/wip-release-sheeps-epoch-repack.14561/

Hi there guys, I have searched endlessly for the past few days on how to add scripts to an Epoch server that's hosted by Vilayer, but I've found no help. I am reaching out to the community of Day Z and I would like to ask you guys for your help. I Have already bought the server, got it online but I've no idea how to add in scripts of any kind. 

I would like the following scripts on the server:

Tow and lift

Self bloodbag

AI missions

Static AI

Sarge AI

Intro credits

I would also like to know how to use

BEC

Scheduled restarts (With messages)

How to add physical things in the game (Like adding in extra buildings)

I would greatly appreciate any help that is offered to me and I look forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks :)

Blood, Sweat and tears..

Im a noobie to scripting and staring this is really dropping yourself in the deepend :)

Iv had a steep learning curve and the guys on here have been great, sharing and helping.

Depending on the way you learn, me for instance is trial and error. Change something and see what happens.

Its fun tho :)

• Tow and lift
  • Self bloodbag
  • AI missions

• Static AI
  • Sarge AI
  • Intro credits

All of the above are very easy to install, just search google for each one and people who give the code away almost always show you how to install it.

Installing Addons is by far the best way to learn how to navigate the files and understand the structure. "im still learning" :)

Other things like scheduled restarts can be set in BEC files or through the admin panel you got with the server if you are renting a server.

I can help as much as i can but most people on the fourums could be asleep and fix the issues i have had for a few days now ;)

Goodluck