How to add custom vehicles

patrick8996

Question

3 answers to this question

Simple way: Download the mod and add it to the servers launch paramaters. Clients will also need to download the mod and add it to their launch paramaters (I doubt this will work)

Hard way: Migrate all code into the mission file including models, textures, actions etc (Impractical).

I'm afraid that although this MIGHT be possible - It would require heavy modification and LARGE mission files. Sorry  :(

you can add what ever mod (must come with bidi files) to the server, but the same files bust be added to the client files too. Normal players launching through commander wont be able to connect because they will have to download and add the missing mod files to their client files. There is no way to add the files to the mission folder that is sent to the client because the 'class' items have to be loaded when arma starts.

From my best understanding, you download the .pbo's and their corresponding '.bedi' files, and add them to the @dayz_epoch/addons folder in your client files and your server's copy of the client files

then open the mission.sqm (server side) and add the name of the ',pbo' you added exactly as its stated in the 'pbo's file name.

this should be all that is needed to mod the server, but alas, i could be wrong.