[RELEASE] Vehicle Key Changer - For making Masterkey - V 1.4 (Updated 06/15/2014)

OtterNas3

Love the mod but it seems to make around 6 or 7 dupes of a vehicle for regular players or spawn a extra one after restart. Anyone get this fixed? If so can you point me in the right direction please and I have the a for mentioned changes to publishvehicle3 changed. I run Epoch 1.0.3 Thanks  

I never ever had only 1 duped vehicle on my Server, and all players use it alot.

Is there something in the rpt logs?

Could you reproduce the duping and send me your server and client rpt log file?

Maybe its because you using Epoch 1.0.3 and not 1.0.3.1?

Just guessing, can tell you more after had a look at your logs when duping has appeared.

Great work.. everything seems to be working great. I added everything you mentioned including the extras. The only issue I am hearing is that the M113 doesn't bind.. but other than that most vehicles work fine. Great work and if you have any clue why the m113 doesn't work please let me know. Thanks! The stryker works so that is what has me confused unless it's a way the M113 is named or something. Thanks again and thanks for all your hard work!

Hmm I seem to be having issues.

Well just one :D

It works fine for me but for normal non admins the menu briefly flashes up and then goes.

I added the line you mentioned to the allowed cmd menus list but yeah still not working for them.

I use the latest Blur / infiSTAR anti-hack.

Thanks.

Edited by matrixmark

Really great work Otter! One question, would it be possible to allow this to remove the restriction of both vehicles having keys? I'd like to allow my players to take ownership and lock vehicles that they find, which do not require a key.

Great work.. everything seems to be working great. I added everything you mentioned including the extras. The only issue I am hearing is that the M113 doesn't bind.. but other than that most vehicles work fine. Great work and if you have any clue why the m113 doesn't work please let me know. Thanks! The stryker works so that is what has me confused unless it's a way the M113 is named or something. Thanks again and thanks for all your hard work!

Cause it doesnt check for vehicles classname ther ehas to be something wrong with the classname that vehicle has, really dont know why this Car does not work with it for You.

What is the exact classname of your M113 in the Database entries?

I just do in the the database. Just match up all my payers cars to whatever key they want to use. 

If you do it in the Database, why you reply to this Thread about it?

Useless post i would say ^^

Hmm I seem to be having issues.

Well just one :D

It works fine for me but for normal non admins the menu briefly flashes up and then goes.

I added the line you mentioned to the allowed cmd menus list but yeah still not working for them.

I use the latest Blur / infiSTAR anti-hack.

Thanks.

Did you put the whitelist of that menu in the right spot in the antihack configs? could you write the entry here so someone who also use infistar cheattools (oh sorry meant antihack...) could give you a hint? I never used infistar and never will, so i dont give support for it, sorry!

Really great work Otter! One question, would it be possible to allow this to remove the restriction of both vehicles having keys? I'd like to allow my players to take ownership and lock vehicles that they find, which do not require a key.

It would be possible, you just need to remove the part of code that checks for the vehicle Key.

Hi i have installed it and getting the option change vehicle key and the option to pick the key to change to. Al the system chat lines work.

It also moves the old key to the backpack. But what it doesnt do is copy the key.

So i have the key in my inventory but it is not working. What did i do wrong?

TIA

Hi i have installed it and getting the option change vehicle key and the option to pick the key to change to. Al the system chat lines work.

It also moves the old key to the backpack. But what it doesnt do is copy the key.

So i have the key in my inventory but it is not working. What did i do wrong?

TIA

It doesnt COPY the key you have, it changes the Key thats needed for the Car you used it on.

You should be able to open the Vehicle after changing with the Key you select from the list.

It doesnt COPY the key you have, it changes the Key thats needed for the Car you used it on.

You should be able to open the Vehicle after changing with the Key you select from the list.

Yeah i untherstand wrong use of words :)

I have made a video of it so you can see it does not change the key!

And wenn i try to change the key of the UH1Y it puts the wrong key in the bag?

I dont know what is wrong?

Checked the RPT log but no errors.

I hope you can help 

Video Link

Update v1.2

[FIXED]

• Wrong Key selected to move in backpack when player had more then 3 Keys in Inventory

[ADDED]

• Configuration variable for the need of a Keymakers Kit
  • Ability to "Claim" Vehicles that are spawned on dynamic Vehicle spawn and does NOT need a Key
  • Configuration variable for claiming "Keyless" Vehicles

Have fun,

Otter

Amazing Otter, simply amazing.

I really appreciate the work and I learned ALOT while reading your code and figuring out how you did this. Thanks for answering my questions and for this new version!

Your welcome :)

Claiming vehicles for "free" is kind of unfair. If it could be possible to craft a lock or something. For example, to claim a car  you need to have keymaker kit, scrapmetal and a toolbox (these things necessary to craft a lock).

Otherwise you will get all cars locked on the server very quickly. 

Like cen answered alrdy it is a config option you can allow/disallow it if you like, just set vkc_claiming to 0 if you dont want to use this function!

This was just a quick shoot out for a function i was asked for many times.

I will make a option for needed items in the next version.

I had only 5 minutes left to implement it into v1.2 until i went out for work, so pls forgive my lazyness...

Since a toolbox, tin and a keymakers kit is required to make a key, it would make sense to have that as a requirement. Maybe also require a fire.

See above

Would I be right in thinking that, if you were killed and someone looted the key they would then get access to all of your vehicles or have I missed something. 

Yes thats right! But do it like i do, i use just 3 Keays now for 15 vehicles, 1 for cars, 1 for Trucks and 1 for ATV/Motorcycles and Choppers.

If you dont want to get rid of your locked vehicles: Dont park them on a open spot! Build a Garage so noone can reach em even if he has your Masterkey!