HiveExt: [Error] Invalid method id: 999

Kivuli

Question

6 answers to this question

you don't have a HiveExt that supports CHILD:999!

epoch doesn't have that by default, if you have used DayZ.st or some other hoster maybe they used a custom HiveExt.dll on their servers to support?

anyway what mods/scripts are you using, I don't know any that use hive method 999 (only custom mods but I've not seem them released anywhere)!? :D

How odd! Well, I used the HiveExt.dll that came with the server install files but I AM using the same mission file from our main server which is DayZ.st hosted. Strange though, since the only thing they add is a custom antihack.sqf for their map tool. That might be it I guess, though I could've sworn I undid the path change for it.

The mods used are:

Sarge 1.5.1

Zabn Take Clothes

Drink From Water Source

Blue Phoenix tools

Maca building snap (Otter edit)

I never had a dayz.st server but you could just use their custom HiveExt.dll and copy it to your server if you have access to that..

also I've read in another topic they have custom loadout tables onm the database so that is why they need a custom HiveExt in the first place and not the antihacks?

Well, but none of those mods are from DayZ.st so I don't see what might be trying to use child:999? Surely not the antihack... I'm also,using a fresh database and not the one from..... You know what? I should check the server pbo for custom shenanigans.

just do a file content server, i do that all the time to find something in the epoch code.

with notepad++ you can easily searhc in the file content of all epoch file (unpack the PBO and reference to that folder)

and then search for "CHILD:999" that is the hive key the server needs to execute I think.

I found it. Sure enough, DayZ.st has a whole bunch of custom tidbits in the server files. Guess I should've just been smart and done a complete fresh start instead of trying to run a perfect analogue to the main server. Ah well. Live and learn.