Help! - Vehicle Saving

w00k

Question

Good evening all - New Years Eve and I'm on here .... I know where the fun is right??? :D

First off - I am new to this and I'm old! Really not conducive to getting the job done!

So a friend and I have purchased a shiney new DayZ Epoch server. We've managed to get BluePhoenix Admin Tools working on it (8th wonder of the world). Everything is working great apart from one small thing ... If we purchase a vehicle from a trader, or we hijack a spawned vehicle, once the server restarts our beloved wheeled property disappears!!! For the vehicles that we've purchased they respawn at the bloody trader! For the hijacked vehicles ... well I guess they return to their allocated spawn locations!

I have limited understanding of how Epoch patches together (I'm quite proud of this), but there's some things that test the old steam powered brain of mine. I've trawled through pretty much every post, website, and youtube video trying to find a solution but unfortunately to no avail ... (queue sympathy giving).

I would REALLY appreciate any assistance any of you scholars might be able to lend me. As mentioned before I'm not overly scripting literate but I do understand how the mod works with what file does what.

"Help me Obi Wan Kanobi you're my only hope"

6 answers to this question

If your repairing vehicles via admin tools, they'll be broken again after a restart unless you config your tool to fix them within the hive/DB aswell.

Vehicles spawned in AI missions aren't hive/DB spawned (unless you make them), therefore they will dissapear on a restart.

I'm too busy today to go in depth about hive spawning vehicles through scripts, use the search function on how to hive spawn vehicles within missions and have a look on opendayz.net aswell, im sure someone's posted how to hive spawn vehicles in AI missions before.