Server wont authenticate

Bourne

Question

I changed the dynamics of how helicopter wrecks spawn, but now the server wont authenticate. I times up to 60 and then you spawn somewhere in the water and cannot do anything. 

Is this a hosting problem or something I'm doing wrong? I'm using survival servers. 

In the past I have tried to edit the dynamic_vehicle list as well and that does the same thing. Any time I change the server_file.pdf it will never work afterwards. 

3 answers to this question

After you have created the PBO(PBO Manager) make sure you double click on the newly created file -> File Properties and make sure it looks like this.

If it doesn't, right click in the blank field and click Add. Then in the left field(Property) write "prefix" and in the right one(Value) write "z\addons\dayz_server". Without the "" of course.

Thats the only thing that works for me.

Every time I extract the stuff inside(root folder) I have to do the following mentioned above. If i don't it gets suck on authentication and after a minute or so I spawn in the debug forest.

62njD.png

I was using PboView to pack the pbo's and PBO Manager to unpack them. Weird I know, but PboView seemed easier to pack em. But when I opened the packed pbo back up in PBO Manager I see that it did not have the suffix added in. 

Thank you! Added the suffix using PBO manager and the server did not have any problem loading the mission up.