DeadMenWalking Epoch 1.0.3.1 PVE Server Pack v1.0 Removed Why?

FoRcE72

From what I believe the community doesn't like packs as they cause more problems as good. Out dated packs tend to break easily and the blame is then placed on the main mod itself (Epoch). This is my understanding at least. 

I agree alot of hard work goes into these but 1 little code change and you have 1000 script kiddies me included screaming at the forums. I stay away from packs for this reason possible. 

usually the creator ditches the project due to these reasons too! Plus all different host run different set ups too so simple installing is a pain. 

William

When I started my server 6 months ago, I thought I needed one also, but it caused me more problems than good and made me lazy.  After a week or two of messing around, I deleted everything and started over, learning it all as I went.  It's still a learning process for me, but I picked it up much faster than I expected.  Trust me, you're going to want to learn it, relying on custom packs in my opinion will just cause you more headache than learning it yourself.

When I started my server 6 months ago, I thought I needed one also, but it caused me more problems than good and made me lazy.  After a week or two of messing around, I deleted everything and started over, learning it all as I went.  It's still a learning process for me, but I picked it up much faster than I expected.  Trust me, you're going to want to learn it, relying on custom packs in my opinion will just cause you more headache than learning it yourself.

Pretty much this.

Not to rail on the OP, but as far as I can tell he didn't "create" anything new.  He just combined a bunch of other peoples work into a single "pack".  Which is why it was removed to begin with.  And as Chester said, you will get along better simply setting up the pieces yourself as you will far better understand all of the components by the end.