HIVE servers

tylerjohnson

Question

Hey Guys,

I have several separate servers all running different maps using separate databases. I don't have any experience in putting them into a HIVE so I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to do this? I want my players to share Inventory, but not location.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

6 answers to this question

I have gotten closer. I created a HIVE database, changed both maps to point to the HIVE database, but changed the world space to two different columns. In the database I created two additional columns. The inventories work correctly, but when I log out of one server and back in my location resets to the shore. Has anyone had any issues putting together two or more servers?

Objects are stored using Instance number and are loaded in using the Instance number for a specific map. For instance Cherno uses default instance 11 and sarhani uses 22. It will only load the objects from the database with the proper Instance number.

I think I found my issue, but I dont know how to resolve it. Since the Instance number changes on the Characters Data this resets thier WorldSpace. To clarify.

Cherno = Instance = 11

Worldspace = WorldspaceCherno

Sahrani = Instance = 22

Worldspace = WorldspaceSahrani

When the player logs into the cherno server their Character Data instance changes to 11 and their world space gets written. When the user logs out and logs into Sahrani their instance # changes and the Worldspace for sharnai gets updated.

Now when the user logs back into Cherno the instance id is still @ 22 from previous login. The games is looking for instance 11 and can't find it so then it clears the worldspacecherno and changes the Instance ID to 11 and sets a new worldspace.

I could change both maps to use the same instance # and different world spaces, but then we would have an issue with Objects. What would be the fix for this?

On 12/23/2013 at 0:51 PM, tylerjohnson said:

We think we found a way around it. If we make both instance IDs the same, call two different world spaces and change the Object_Data to be two different tables that should work. I will be testing this in the next couple of days. Thanks Linuxx!

Did you guys ever get this issue sorted out?