When the Arma 3 Epoch mod is released..

ToejaM

Nice analogy there, and you hit the nail on the head when you said VbAwol doesn't want it despite most of his successful franchises having the tacos on the menu. His standard franchises however are struggling with low sales but he's not bothered because he doesn't like Mexican food.

He then sets up a new chain of restaurants and offers them as franchises, but this time, after getting feedback from the successful A2 franchises that offer chilli laden dishes, he includes them as standard in the new A3 franchises but with the ability to ommit them if the franchisee so choses.

Due to the simplicity of getting a successful restaurant off VbAwol, many people come and invest in one of his franchises. The franchises become so successful they donate some cash to reward VbAwol for his hard work and flexibility.

The franchisees that love AWOL's bog standard menu so much and mirror it in their own restaurant sadly close down after a short while because no fecker went to dine in there.

That actually isn't true. Many people enjoy Vanilla Epoch just like many people enjoy Vanilla DayZ. I think the main reasons you see so many non-vanilla servers is that people get impatient with the difficulty in Epoch, want to build a cool base right away, and so buy a server where they can legally give themselves all the building supplies they will ever need. While they are at it they might as well add a few other things. Hey lets attract those who also don't want to wait and throw together some packages for donators so we don't have to pay the full price of the server ourselves, oh but they want Self-Bloodbags so I better add that in or they will leave. So you have 20 servers with 5-6 people playing on them ALL THE TIME. I wouldn't say they are more popular just more common because everyone and their cousin owns their own and eventually plays with it adding in various scripts. 

Merc, zombies/undead aside, DayZ vanilla was about surviving the man eaters while trying to survive the environment. Players grouped up and made camps, armed themselves to the teeth, went on raids to hospitals and military camps and also fought with other survivors. Now I'm pretty sure those scenarios featured in Walking Dead too

I'm pretty sure those scenarios exist in every apocalypse game/movie/book. I mean you just described the Island of Doctor Moreau... you just described Road Warrior... 

It's called a Genre.

gen·re

noun
1. a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter.

SkyDogs stop being foolish. Mercules is owning you in this argument.
The Walking Dead TV series is a kind of decent work, but it's a poor poor adaptation of The Walking Dead comic book. And The Walking Dead comic book is just a really good adaptation/improvement to the zombie genre. And it all started with 'White Zombie' movie (if I remember correctly) in 1932!
Every other zombie movie/work of art, was some kind of change and/or improvement to the genre.
And saying that Rocket's mod is a rip off of TWD is nonsense, seriously. It's even worse. It shows ignorance, and that's bad, dude.
It's like saying that every other blues song is a rip off of every other blues song. It's a freaking genre, dude. Some harmonics, similarities and moments are a must, because that's how it's done.

As for the epoch mod, it still lacks a lot of OBVIOUS features that should be added to the mod main scripts. Drinking from water sources, filling empty JD bottles with water, even towing is freaking obvious(stupid atv should be able to tow SUV, given it has enough power).
If Epoch developers are not too keen on adding some extras like selfBB and trader god mode (which is actually reasonable), they should provide us with some more obvious addons like the ones I mentioned before. Extra military weapons are debatable (i fancy finding new weapons, but don't find them neccessary), jets and army helis are too much. Average Joe won't be able to learn how to fly a jet or heli just by himself.

I dare say, if they make Arma 3 Epoch simmilar to what they have for Arma 2, it will be better than DayZ SA for a long time. So if I were to buy Arma3 for the Epoch mod, or DayZ SA I would buy Arma3. Price is about the same, but the functionality is uncomparable.

But is its built off of a military sim, I can only think this new version will have a great deal of Arma 3 as a part of the game.  Much like arma2/Epoch, it would make since the items in the game are also in the Epoch.  moving away from content could begin a slippery slope of less arma 3 more like all the other zed games coming out.

SkyDogs stop being foolish. Mercules is owning you in this argument.

Bambit, since when has this been a competition? Merc and I have been discussing a few things in a respectful, calm manner.

As for the Walking Dead stuff, I don't read comics, never have and never will. I do however watch TV shows and films, and all I can say is that The Walking Dead is the only show I have seen that has featured an ongoing (as in many many hours of viewing compared to a film which is like only 2 hours) world of zombie and fellow man survival. The comparison to Dayz and TWD is incredibly alike, and DayZ is the only game I've ever played that is open world.

If the type of stuff that happens in DayZ has already been covered in many other mediums like comics and TV shows, then fair enough, you 'win' I'm ignorant, but I was unaware of it.

How the feck have we got onto comic books FFS? LOL.

End of the day this discussion is about Epoch A3, which I personally can't wait for, and I hope it does better than the spoiled brat's Stand Alone game which is in a right mess after all the time the cretin has had to develop it. But hey ho, he had some mountain climbing to do, the utter tosser he is.

I've seen most of the zombie movies (the only horror movies that I'm not afraid of :P) and they're all pretty much the same. Bunch of survivors trying to make it through the zombie apocalipse. I'v seen the old ones, like "The Dawn of the dead", and they were awful :D Horrible, horrible. 

Duude, I strongly encourage you to read TWD comic books.

As for the zombie games, try:

- Rush

- 7 days to die

- Dead Island

- Project Zomboid

- Infestation (once WarZ)
- Other games

All these games (maybe except Dead Island, as it is more FPS survival than others) have more or less open worlds and, trust me, DayZ and TWD are not that incredibly alike, because there are other games that use zombies as a theme (Rush or Infestation would be a total rip off by your standards).

I've never met rocket in person, that's why i'm not gonna present my opinions about him. I never speak about things I don't know or can't confrim personally. And him being the way he is on the webz isn't too convoncing for me to dislike him.

But dislikes aside.

DayZ Standalone is 'naaah' atm. Wanted to buy it, but watched some movies on the YT and realised it's boring as of this moment.
Arma3 is ready, and it pretty much is all in one game. The amount of mods that can be implemeted trumps SA.
Anyway, I'd like to see Epoch devs implementing these obvious things. So far it's moding a mod of a mod. Modception.
If devs implement things like AI, AI missions, towing (coded by them or with author's permissions) and some other cool additions (but not too OP), and make them toggleable, it won't do any harm to the Epoch, but will make it easier for hosts (win-win :D). God mode zones, selfBB, and some other might be added later by hosts/server owners.
Simple as that (or should I say, complicated as ever),