Fort_RazorWire my new best friend, just kidding

Mr White

This has probably always been like this, or perhaps there is a recent change. I've never tried to do this because I hated the stuff. I hope this doesn't go over too many heads, it is an interesting hunt.

I was building a stronghold mission in a static location, I decided to build a perimeter defense with razorwire to be a jerk and funnel people far enough out from the hesco barriers that guards could shoot at them unobstructed from towers. In the editor, the razorwire lays down according to the contours, however when I pull them into the mission files.... they are all level, which leaves nice gaps to crawl under on uneven ground.

I wonder if this has to do with some of the epoch or dayz build mechanics, but I am not entirely sold on that idea. I noticed that the fence posts themselves point at an angle perpendicular to the surface they are on. So if you look down the fence line from the side, it does appear to the index according to the terrain and angle itself. However looking at it as you approach the fence as a barrier, it is always level. one end is almost always off of the ground unless I sink it in the ground.

In the editor, it doesn't do this. The behavior is quite different, which makes me wonder if this is somehow tied to either the basebuilding mechanics or something related to snap and vector. I was hoping someone had a good idea what this was, and how I could sneak around the problem. My screenshots weren't so great, I'll get more if people are confused about what I am talking about.