Cannot join panthera server

dr_dos

Question

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a server running DayZ Epoch 1.0.2.5 and Panthera 1.8 through DayZ Commander. When I try to join, kicks me to the ARMA main menu as soon as I enter the lobby, I receive no kick message or explanation. Sometimes it allows me to load the game about 3/4 of the way before it stops responding and crashes to desktop.

It's worth noting that sometimes before I can join the game I'm given the error message by DayZ commander: "addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'ca community configuration'. I could not find any information pertaining to this specific error message on google.

DayZ commander states that both Epoch and Panthera are updated to their latest versions.

When the game kicks me back to Arma 2 OA's main menu I notice that in the top right it states that DayZ Epoch is only updated to 1.0.2.4, and it doesn't even list Panthera sometimes. I believe the issue is something to do with the fact that ARMA 2 OA thinks my Epoch is only 1.0.2.4 or it's not recognising one of the mods.

I've tried reinstalling the game, I've reformatted my computer and reinstalled windows (needed to do it anyway lol) and I've run both steam and OA as administrator. This problem has had me stumped for two days and it's not often that I'll turn to the forums for help. I am still able to play on Epoch Chernarus servers. It is only Panthera that I cannot play on.

Not sure if it's relevant but I'll post it anyway, my computer specs are

i5 2500k OC'ed to 4.3ghz
HD Radeon 6950 2GB
8GB DDR3 clocked at 1600

Any help is greatly appreciated

5 answers to this question

There is a problem at present that some Epoch servers like MGT have managed to get their Epoch Servers to run 1.8 Panthera(DayZ Map), where as other servers like mine are using the Arma 2 Panthera 2.9 map.

Or it could be something as very simple as you have not added -mod=@panthera to your launch parameters via DayZ Commander.

There is a problem at present that some Epoch servers like MGT have managed to get their Epoch Servers to run 1.8 Panthera(DayZ Map), where as other servers like mine are using the Arma 2 Panthera 2.9 map.

Or it could be something as very simple as you have not added -mod=@panthera to your launch parameters via DayZ Commander.

I'm sure it's running the correct map because my friend who is using PlayWIthSix has downloaded Panthera 1.8 and can play the server just fine.Could you tell me more about launch parameters please? I have nothing in my launch parameters. I thought Commander would do it automatically. Thanks for the reply

Josh from DZC has not yet added in the functionality for it to auto-detect the mod/map with Epoch. We have been trying to push him for the past month to do it and he said he would but so far nothing yet, but he does have a lot to deal with being a new father and all. We hope that he can get it done soon though.

Simply add -mod=@DayZPanthera; to your additional launch parameters in the settings tab from DZC.

Josh from DZC has not yet added in the functionality for it to auto-detect the mod/map with Epoch. We have been trying to push him for the past month to do it and he said he would but so far nothing yet, but he does have a lot to deal with being a new father and all. We hope that he can get it done soon though.

Simply add -mod=@DayZPanthera; to your additional launch parameters in the settings tab from DZC.

This solved my problem thank you. Thanks bsmaff for your reply as well. Now I can go play Panthera