Blue Phoenix epoch 1.0.2.5 clarification

Alcsaar

Question

So I'm working on installing it, and one of the steps says I need to change a line in s erver_cleanup.fsm.  It says the line im looking for will be one of two lines, but neither of the lines it shows exist in server_cleanup.fsm. I did a CTRL F search for "parachute" and that appears no where in the file.  So instead i searched for "vehicle" and found this similiar line:

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

However this is not the same as either of the two examples provided, so I'm not sure which editted code line to use, if I'm even suppose to use one of them on 1.0.2.5.

For referance, here are the instructions:

The line you are looking for is either:

" if (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") ) then {" \n

Change to / add as shown:

" if (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) ) then {" \n

Or the line looks like

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

Change that to

if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != 

I know people have gotten the tools to work on 1.0.2.5, so if anyone could help that'd be great

18 answers to this question

The problem is the guide in order to get the Admin Tools to work on Epoch hasn't been written.

The one with the Admin Tools is really old and for DayZ, the new anti hack measures have made it really difficult to get working correctly, it took me about an hour of messing to get them to work on my server correctly.

When the new version of Epoch is out I will repost clean mission files with just the admin tools working.

So I've got vehicle spawning working, sort of.  Occasionaly the vehicles I spawn in simply vanish.  I'm guessing this has to do with not having changed my server_updateObject - because the line it tells me to change in the install guide is no where near the same as the line that deals with deleting objects in the 1.0.2.5 epoch file.

Anyone know what the proper line should be look 1.0.2.5 Epoch server_updateObject?

It looks like this in the updated file:

if (_isNotOk) exitWith { deleteVehicle _object; diag_log(format["Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at pos [%2,%3,%4]",typeOf _object,_object_position select 0,_object_position select 1, _object_position select 2]); };

You'll see that all of the vehicles are setting the "Sarge" variable to 1, so in your cleanup code you need the "!Sarge" line... (sorry, don't have the exact syntax handy).  This will keep the vehicles from despawning and also from exploding when you try to enter them.  HTH...

So, I went back into my code... note that I also use DZAI (don't even use Sarge, just in there because of the vehicle settings and such because I was too lazy to change them to use DZAI variable instead).  Here's what mine looks like:

if (!_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then {
if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && (vehicle _object getVariable ["DZAI",0] != 1)) then
{
_object_position = getPosATL _object;
    _isNotOk = true;
};
};

You'll see that all of the vehicles are setting the "Sarge" variable to 1, so in your cleanup code you need the "!Sarge" line... (sorry, don't have the exact syntax handy).  This will keep the vehicles from despawning and also from exploding when you try to enter them.  HTH...

So, I went back into my code... note that I also use DZAI (don't even use Sarge, just in there because of the vehicle settings and such because I was too lazy to change them to use DZAI variable instead).  Here's what mine looks like:

if (!_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then {
if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && (vehicle _object getVariable ["DZAI",0] != 1)) then
{
_object_position = getPosATL _object;
    _isNotOk = true;
};
};

Thanks, but there is only one problem. I don't even know what file i'm supposed to edit, if it's Server_Updateobject or Server_Cleanup.

So if you could tell me what file i need to edit and around what line i need to edit it would be really nice!. :)

Thanks, but there is only one problem. I don't even know what file i'm supposed to edit, if it's Server_Updateobject or Server_Cleanup.

So if you could tell me what file i need to edit and around what line i need to edit it would be really nice!. :)

Yea I'm really not sure either.  I wish the install guide was updated for epoch 1.0.2.5

I really don't understand how he has a line that even refers to parachuteWest - Nothing in the 1.0.2.5 files refers to parachute anything.  That was all removed in 1.0.2.5, which is why its so difficult to find the proper lines to modify, and how to modify them.

I found the code hes referring to, its located on line 28 in the server_updateObject.sqf file.  I'm about ot make the changes and see if it helps.

Edit*  yea, that seems like it might have fixed the issue I was having with vehicles dissapearing shortly after spawning them in.

Thanks Tragedy

Yea I'm really not sure either.  I wish the install guide was updated for epoch 1.0.2.5

I really don't understand how he has a line that even refers to parachuteWest - Nothing in the 1.0.2.5 files refers to parachute anything.  That was all removed in 1.0.2.5, which is why its so difficult to find the proper lines to modify, and how to modify them.

I found the code hes referring to, its located on line 28 in the server_updateObject.sqf file.  I'm about ot make the changes and see if it helps.

Edit*  yea, that seems like it might have fixed the issue I was having with vehicles dissapearing shortly after spawning them in.

Thanks Tragedy

Ok, so this works?. Because i also fixed the issue of them blowing up, tho now i'm having a problem with them disappearing when i alt+tab.

If i leave the vehicle for 10-15 mins it's still there where i left it, tho as soon as i alt-tab or just go into the gear it disappears.

//GAMESinHDTV

Ok, so this works?. Because i also fixed the issue of them blowing up, tho now i'm having a problem with them disappearing when i alt+tab.

If i leave the vehicle for 10-15 mins it's still there where i left it, tho as soon as i alt-tab or just go into the gear it disappears.

//GAMESinHDTV

Making the change he suggested and also modifying the first file that you are suppose to change has fixed it  100% for me, no more problems with vehicles dissapeared (Except after restarts which is expected).

Damn..I was reading down and thought at last it's been fixed.. then got to "does not work for 1.0.3" :( any one have any ideas? all the guides online and I have read a damned lot fail to work for epoch..well at least they fail to fix the latest 1.0.3 server files..love my blue phionix but would be nice to fix the blowing up in my face issuse:)

I'll test this out for you Kivuli, I've got BP working fine will post results

EDIT: I can confirm that Kivuli's code fixes spawning vehicles on Epoch 1.0.3 no longer blowing up, just spawned a Apache and rained some fire!

EDIT #2: They do dissapear after a minute though "/

EDIT #3: They haven't seemed to disappear whilst flying though, only once landed and left alone

The changes i made are applied into the server_cleanup.fsm

its probably related to the same problem people had with ammoboxes, give spawned vehicles a variable like:

_vehicle setVariable ["Mission",true];

and exclude mission in server.fsm aswell as in the server_monitor.sqf

im doin it like that on my server:

i spawn vehicles into the database, so they are seen as legit from the server, after i used them and dont need them anymore i simply delete them using admin tools again ...

deletecursor.sqf: (deletes object you are lookin at - walls vehicle loot ..)

deleteVehicle cursorTarget;
_objectID = cursorTarget getVariable ["ObjectID", "0"];
_objectUID = cursorTarget getVariable ["ObjectUID", "0"];
PVDZE_obj_Delete = [_objectID, _objectUID, player];
publicVariableServer "PVDZE_obj_Delete";

and spawn vehicle f.e. UH1H.sqf (spawns vehicle into databse and gives key into your toolbelt - if you have room for it) PS: This script is not coded by me, youll find it in this forum to, thread is called something like Spawning Vehicles to Hive!

_vehtospawn = "UH1H_DZE";
_charID = dayz_characterID;
_dir = getdir vehicle player;
_pos = getPos vehicle player;
_pos = [(_pos select 0)+8*sin(_dir),(_pos select 1)+8*cos(_dir),0];
_worldspace = [_dir,_pos];

cutText ["Starting Spawn, stand still to complete spawn.", "PLAIN DOWN"];

// First select key color
_keyColor = ["Green","Red","Blue","Yellow","Black"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

// then select number from 1 - 2500
_keyNumber = (floor(random 2500)) + 1;

// Combine to key (eg.ItemKeyYellow2494) classname
_keySelected = format[("ItemKey%1%2"),_keyColor,_keyNumber];

_isKeyOK = isClass(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _keySelected);

_config = _keySelected;
_isOk = [player,_config] call BIS_fnc_invAdd;
waitUntil {!isNil "_isOk"};
if (_isOk and _isKeyOK) then {

_removed = ([player,_part_in,_qty_in] call BIS_fnc_invRemove);
_dir = round(random 360);

_helipad = nearestObjects [player, ["HeliHCivil","HeliHempty"], 100];

_location = position player findEmptyPosition [0,20,_vehtospawn];

//place vehicle spawn marker (local)
_veh = createVehicle ["Sign_arrow_down_large_EP1", _location, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_location = (getPosATL _veh);

PVDZE_veh_Publish2 = [_veh,[_dir,_location],_vehtospawn,false,_keySelected];
publicVariableServer "PVDZE_veh_Publish2";
player reveal _veh;

cutText [format[("Spawned a vehicle, key added to toolbelt."),_qty_in,_textPartIn,_textPartOut], "PLAIN DOWN"];

} else {
cutText ["You do not have enough room on your toolbelt.", "PLAIN DOWN"];
};

its probably related to the same problem people had with ammoboxes, give spawned vehicles a variable like:

_vehicle setVariable ["Mission",true];

and exclude mission in server.fsm aswell as in the server_monitor.sqf

im doin it like that on my server:

i spawn vehicles into the database, so they are seen as legit from the server, after i used them and dont need them anymore i simply delete them using admin tools again ...

deletecursor.sqf: (deletes object you are lookin at - walls vehicle loot ..)

deleteVehicle cursorTarget;
_objectID = cursorTarget getVariable ["ObjectID", "0"];
_objectUID = cursorTarget getVariable ["ObjectUID", "0"];
PVDZE_obj_Delete = [_objectID, _objectUID, player];
publicVariableServer "PVDZE_obj_Delete";

and spawn vehicle f.e. UH1H.sqf (spawns vehicle into databse and gives key into your toolbelt - if you have room for it) PS: This script is not coded by me, youll find it in this forum to, thread is called something like Spawning Vehicles to Hive!

_vehtospawn = "UH1H_DZE";
_charID = dayz_characterID;
_dir = getdir vehicle player;
_pos = getPos vehicle player;
_pos = [(_pos select 0)+8*sin(_dir),(_pos select 1)+8*cos(_dir),0];
_worldspace = [_dir,_pos];

cutText ["Starting Spawn, stand still to complete spawn.", "PLAIN DOWN"];

// First select key color
_keyColor = ["Green","Red","Blue","Yellow","Black"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

// then select number from 1 - 2500
_keyNumber = (floor(random 2500)) + 1;

// Combine to key (eg.ItemKeyYellow2494) classname
_keySelected = format[("ItemKey%1%2"),_keyColor,_keyNumber];

_isKeyOK = isClass(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _keySelected);

_config = _keySelected;
_isOk = [player,_config] call BIS_fnc_invAdd;
waitUntil {!isNil "_isOk"};
if (_isOk and _isKeyOK) then {

_removed = ([player,_part_in,_qty_in] call BIS_fnc_invRemove);
_dir = round(random 360);

_helipad = nearestObjects [player, ["HeliHCivil","HeliHempty"], 100];

_location = position player findEmptyPosition [0,20,_vehtospawn];

//place vehicle spawn marker (local)
_veh = createVehicle ["Sign_arrow_down_large_EP1", _location, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_location = (getPosATL _veh);

PVDZE_veh_Publish2 = [_veh,[_dir,_location],_vehtospawn,false,_keySelected];
publicVariableServer "PVDZE_veh_Publish2";
player reveal _veh;

cutText [format[("Spawned a vehicle, key added to toolbelt."),_qty_in,_textPartIn,_textPartOut], "PLAIN DOWN"];

} else {
cutText ["You do not have enough room on your toolbelt.", "PLAIN DOWN"];
};

Now, this is pure genius, i think i'll have to do this on my server, does this actually real-time spawn it and add it to the DB as if so thats amazing, adding to DB manually as i am requires a restart

EDIT: Do you mind showing me how to do this when you get the chance, i'm not fully trained in playing with the server pbo yet