DayZ.ST server and decay

havock

We've been looking into spreading our databases out instead of having a centralized database to hopefully resolve some issues with lag/desync, but you also have to remember that lag is mainly caused by the amount of scripts you have installed on your server as well as excessive RPT logging due to battleye, you can review your scripts in battleye and comment the ones you don't want to log by placing a // in front of them and this will prevent from excess logging. Ping times are affected by many external factors, and obviously we cannot guarantee any particular latency standards given all of the different ISP's and routers in between players and our server. As well as excessive amount of items in the database that needs to be loaded, with epoch itself it is constantly verifying player items/movements/etc. and with the arma engine itself each and every thing that is done in the server is also logged so this by itself has a major factor on how a server runs, any antihack will also cause excessive logging due to it also having to record every thing going on within the server and players. I could go on and on about what are known issues to cause issues with lag/desync between servers and databases but what I have outlined so far is the majority of the issues.

I had a server with Dayz.st and was quite happy with it :) people expect to much on shared hosting, you get what you pay for.

Once i out grew the server we moved to using their sister company serv.st, cost more but it gave full unrestricted access and better specs.