Getting a couple scripts working with Vilayer (Epoch Chernarus) *new questions*

Grinchen

Question

***Updated with new info***

Hi folks.

Me and some friends have recently changed from normal vanilla DayZ without any scripts to Epoch (hopefully with a few scripts). And even more recently to Epoch Chernarus.

I have looked through the Epoch forums and the opendayz forums and I see loads of tutorials for certains scripts for dayz.st. However using Vilayer is a bit more problematic since the files and folders are placed in different locations. At least it looks that way.

I'd like to know if anyone has a good (step-by-step) guide to get the following working on DayZ Epoch 1.0.3.1 Vilayer via Vilayer:

- Autorefuel at gas stations

- Tow (however not able to tow locked vehicles, but also so that a SUV can tow a SUV, UAZ can tow Ural etc etc, yeah yeah I know)

- Getting indestructible base building, all materials (wood, concrete etc), with no need for maintenance or any "7 day removal".

- Missions (with like AI bandits/heros guarding loot etc) and some sort of supply drops (preferably different kinds), working on 1.0.3.1?

- God mode traders, but not anti-theft. Tried AGN's, but it doesnt work.

Thanks a bunch for any help.

Quick answer, it should not matter what hoster you are using, since for 99% of all mods/scripts you only need to change 1 or 2 files at most (with files i mean archive files like ZIP files)!

that is the mission and server PBO (e.g. DayZ_Epoch_16.Panthera2.pbo (the mission file) and dayz_server.pbo), if you have access to those you can do almost anything related to scripts.

God mode traders that is configuarble easily

http://opendayz.net/threads/epoch-safe-zone-commander-god-anti-backpack-stealing-no-shooting-no-vehicle-weapons.14877/

Lift/towing

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-preconfigured-r3f-logistics-towing-and-heli-lift.13743/

Out of stock

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4040-out-of-stock/

Adding some stuff to Traders

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2588-adding-general-building-materials-to-traders-how/

1 type of mission system

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dayzchernarus-mission-system.12169/

but check out Fuchs's as well... its good

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2611-sarge-ai-epoch-edition-mission-system-26-missions/

Indestructible Buildings

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1673-how-to-cpc-indestructible-bases/

BE stuff

Retra had a tutorial or discussion on BE somewhere either here or opendayz.net  but I can't find it at this point

And imo, I think that it's worth the small amount of money outlayed to get a decent ANTI-HACK..Blur's or infistar's works well with EPOCH... though Dnightmare made a set of admin tools that might be what your after

BTW, I haven't worked with EPOCH Panthera, so disclaimer on these for that...

MGT or MadHatter i think have a Panthera EPOCH running, so I'd probably direct question that way without harassing them too much

Most of those work well with Vilayer btw

Bags

p.s. And I know of a auto refuel/repair/rearm addon, I just can't find it atm..

It's configurable to cost money.....

Umm from memory, it was AXECOP's in EPOCH forums

Yeah it was, and I fouind it again

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3935-release-vehicle-service-point-refuel-repair-rearm-script/

Edited by Bags2247

And imo, I think that it's worth the small amount of money outlayed to get a decent ANTI-HACK..Blur's or infistar's works well with EPOCH... though Dnightmare made a set of admin tools that might be what your after

BTW, I haven't worked with EPOCH Panthera, so disclaimer on these for that...

So, if I were to buy an antihack from blur or infistar, are they hard to install and get working?

On Vilayer, they offer an AH on they're addon page/tab...

That's his one there, and the same as any of they things, install it via there...

At least I did when I started....

But you don't get the code block there when you buy it via vilayer addons.....

Which some people like to get....But I went with the AH addon on vilayer's acp panels addon manager,

But I got it when I didn't really understand/know much about the entire scripting and was still fresh to the scene.

Bags

Others might be able to help you with installing the original code block if you buy it direct...

Arma is one of few games you can mod like this, so there are more bugs maybe but many of those come from community mods..

True.

I managed to get the server back up...

But it keeps kicking me for random scripts restrictions. When I find the restriction, I try to fix it, and join the server.. Then nothing works... And my MVTR dissapeared out in thin air. :(

True.

I managed to get the server back up...

But it keeps kicking me for random scripts restrictions. When I find the restriction, I try to fix it, and join the server.. Then nothing works... And my MVTR dissapeared out in thin air. :(

Add that traders dont work... Nothing works. 

Might aswell shut the whole thing down.

Or maybe someone has some advice on a host other than Vilayer, which is easy to set up, and works???

Start from fresh with what you have there and only add 1 at a time, and test it fairly thoroughly... to find out which one is giving you shit..

Sometimes with the traders, you have to right click zoom on they're heads to get the menu's working..

It's something that we all have to work through mate, keep heart...

Bags

Start from fresh with what you have there and only add 1 at a time, and test it fairly thoroughly... to find out which one is giving you shit..

Sometimes with the traders, you have to right click zoom on they're heads to get the menu's working..

It's something that we all have to work through mate, keep heart...

Bags

I finally managed to get 1 of the trading cities working with cinderblocks and the rest... However how do I add the items to the other trading cities?

Simple solution for now, just clear the scripts,txt fot BattlEye...what restrictions do you have in there anyway? Default epoch filters doesnt have much much in there i think

Not much, a couple lines.

I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Trader items can be added in the database, search rhis forum there are enough post on how to do that :)

I have figured out how to add items... I just can't figure out why it's not being added to all the trader cities.

So far it only works with trader city Pikia, but not trader city Selca. Which is strange? Does the traders from different cities use different codes?

Also, can I add whole cinderhalfwalls to traders? Is it "CinderWallDoorway_DZ"  or  "cinder_wall_kit" ?

Yes every trader has its own id, so you are able to add different items to each of them.. And yes if you want you can add any item you can have in your inventory! The trader ids can be found in your mission, file server_traders.sqf

Btw with your example it should be the kit, the DZ stuff is usually the name of the 3d object in the world and not the one in your inventory

Yes every trader has its own id, so you are able to add different items to each of them.. And yes if you want you can add any item you can have in your inventory! The trader ids can be found in your mission, file server_traders.sqf

Btw with your example it should be the kit, the DZ stuff is usually the name of the 3d object in the world and not the one in your inventory

So for example if I want to put "Half Cinderblock walls" I should put "cinder_wall_kit", correct?

So for example if I want to put "Half Cinderblock walls" I should put "cinder_wall_kit", correct?

yes, i have added a supply box with all building stuff in my admin tools, if you want take a look at all the items and tools in there:

_crate addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemToolbox", 10];
_crate addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemHatchet_DZE", 10];
_crate addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemKnife", 10];
_crate addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemCrowbar", 10];
_crate addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemMatchbox_DZE", 10];
_crate addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemEtool", 10];
_crate addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemSledge", 10];

_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["workbench_kit", 5];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["PartPlankPack", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["PartPlywoodPack", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["CinderBlocks", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["MortarBucket", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["PartGeneric", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["PartEngine", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemGenerator", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemJerrycan", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemFuelBarrel", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemSandbag", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemTankTrap", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWire", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemComboLock", 100];

_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodFloorQuarter", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodFloorHalf", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodFloor", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallThird", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWall", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallLg", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallDoor", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallWithDoorLocked", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallWithDoorLgLocked", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallWindow", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallWithDoor", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallWindowLg", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallWithDoorLg", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallDoorLg", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallGarageDoor", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodWallGarageDoorLocked", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodStairs", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodStairsSupport", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWoodLadder", 100];

_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["cinder_wall_kit", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["cinder_door_kit", 100];
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["cinder_garage_kit", 100];

_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["metal_floor_kit", 100];

_crate addBackpackCargoGlobal ['DZ_LargeGunBag_EP1', 1];

Is the LargeGunBag category 2 right?

I added it to my traders, bought one and paid for it, but it wasn't added. :(

["DZ_LargeGunBag_EP1",2]  is the correct code or?

If you are in doubt just check the other backpacks in the database and copy the entry.. e.g. ["DZ_Backpack_EP1",2] and afile has to be "trade_backpacks" of course :)

If you are in doubt just check the other backpacks in the database and copy the entry.. e.g. ["DZ_Backpack_EP1",2] and afile has to be "trade_backpacks" of course :)

Ahhh I didn't change the trade_backpacks.  :lol:

Thanks again. Starting to get the hang of it now. ;)