setVariable Checks?

ElDubya

Question

HI all, 

I am spawning in 2 different infostands, one for entry and one for exit, and have set this variable on each  : 

_this setvariable[" Entrytype", 1];          <-----   Entry

_this setvariable[" Exittype", 0];             <----- Exit

What check would I have to put at the end of these corresponding lines in my fn_SelfActions?

if ( cursorTarget isKindOf "Infostand_2_EP1" && (player distance cursorTarget) < 2 ) then {  <----- Entry

if ( cursorTarget isKindOf "Infostand_1_EP1" && (player distance cursorTarget) < 2 ) then {  <----- Exit

Would it be : 

if ( cursorTarget isKindOf "Infostand_2_EP1" && (player distance cursorTarget) < 2 && (cursortarget getvariable["Entertype", -1] == 1) ) then { <----- Entry

if ( cursorTarget isKindOf "Infostand_1_EP1" && (player distance cursorTarget) < 2 && (cursortarget getvariable["Exittype", -0] == 1) ) then { <-----Exit

4 answers to this question

From your last post, it seems like something is funky with one of the infostands. Have you tested both types? I haven't done anything with infostands :blush:

What I would do, however, is create a sensor in your mission.sqm to cover the secret trader area. Make it "like" a safezone - that is, copy one of the safezones and just don't call player_traderCity. If the sensor is inactive, have a global variable set like "is_in_secret_trader=false;" and if you're in it, have it set to true. Then, you can do something as simple as:

if ((cursorTarget isKindOf "Infostand_2_EP1") && ((player distance cursorTarget) < 2) && !(is_in_secret_trader) ) then {  <--- entry

if ((cursorTarget isKindOf "Infostand_2_EP1") && ((player distance cursorTarget) < 2) && (is_in_secret_trader) ) then {  <--- exit

To simplify things, and for performance, I would do:

if ((cursorTarget isKindOf "Infostand_2_EP1") && ((player distance cursorTarget) < 2)) then {
    if (is_in_secret_trader) then {
        // player is inside the trader city and needs to exit
    } else {
        // player is not inside the trader city and needs to enter
    };
};                                                                                      

I'll play around with the idea too sometime soon and see if I can get something working for you. 

Edit: It's a little slow at work. lol:

Looking at mission.sqm for chernarus; increase the items to 6 and add item 6 at the bottom:

class Item6
		{
			position[]={6325.6772,304.99033,7807.7412}; // These would be the coordinates of your secret trader - I believe in xzy
			a=100; // Not exactly sure what a and b are for
			b=100;
			activationBy="WEST";
			repeating=1;
			interruptable=1;
			age="UNKNOWN";
			name="zonesuperdupersecrettrader"; // name this to your trader zone or whatever you want the name of the zone to be
			expCond="(player distance zonesuperdupersecrettrader) < 100;"; // radius to the trader you want the sensor to activate
			expActiv="is_in_secret_trader=true;"; // what happens when you're inside the trader
			expDesactiv="is_in_secret_trader=false;"; // what happens when you're outside of the trader
			class Effects
			{
			};
		};

The expActive and expDesactiv can also call a script. See your mission.sqm to see how it calls player_tradercity.

if ( cursorTarget isKindOf "Infostand_2_EP1" && (player distance cursorTarget) < 2 && (cursortarget getvariable["Entertype", -1] == 1) ) then { <----- Entry

if ( cursorTarget isKindOf "Infostand_1_EP1" && (player distance cursorTarget) < 2 && (cursortarget getvariable["Exittype", -0] == 1) ) then { <-----Exit 

Let`s review this... As we hopefully know - the fn_selfActions.sqf is called for each player individually. This in return means, that each player is giving that sign a variable and it get`s overwritten a few thousand times. Correct me, if i`m wrong.. So if each player gives that sign a variable, how in gods name would the script know, what to do?

Solution would be: Don`t put the variable on the Sign, put it on the player or in MissionNamespace.

Also -0 doesn`t exist. This will allways return false, no matter what. Simple maths :P

22 hours ago, ViseVersa said:

Let`s review this... As we hopefully know - the fn_selfActions.sqf is called for each player individually. This in return means, that each player is giving that sign a variable and it get`s overwritten a few thousand times. Correct me, if i`m wrong.. So if each player gives that sign a variable, how in gods name would the script know, what to do?

Solution would be: Don`t put the variable on the Sign, put it on the player or in MissionNamespace.

Also -0 doesn`t exist. This will allways return false, no matter what. Simple maths :P

It would know as setVariable would have to be used (see the public parameter); the variable is being set on the object itself. Did you ever get this working ElDubya?