If Jammer Gets Hit - Typical To Lose Everything?

Flybynight

My experience of raids was to lose everything ie remove or destroy all parts. Depends on raiders, many seem to want to stop others playing by taking destroying everything; old school bandits used to steal gear, vehicles etc and then allow you to build  your self up for retaliation, knowing that pvp is a two way interaction Don't see many of that type nowadays!

Most i encounter will only raid whilst player is absent from server and then sit in their base buffing their small fragile egos by bragging about how they 'own' the server.

Rant over!

Some like take over base, some prefer to remove it (which is pain in the ass with that "remove item" timer, waste of time in general and very quickly becomes not fun). But yeah, most people if they manage to destroy jammer will take everything apart. So protect it.

Rant incoming in 3...2....1..

I have my way of making indestructable base - make floating 1x1 room (everytime you need to maintain base you will have to craft 1 or 2 sets of stairs to reach it) and protect the roof of such room with stud wall or something. BAM. Indestructable base. If any admin/server owner doesn't like it, give him middle finger and say that literally anything in Arma 3 can be glitched through and abused so it is the only way to protect your base against such people. Seen so many servers with retards creating rules "booohoo base must be raidable from ground, booohoo cant protect helis with stud wall, boohoo you must leave your base doors open so that everyone could just take whatever they want!". Screw such people and their thinking. This is mad max world on Altis and unless you play in some kind pussy whitelisted server with 2 people, there will be a time where glitcher comes and simply walks through all your walls and destroys your jammer/safes etc.

My current base is almost exactly as I described, just that it is aesthetically pleasing and people from outside have no idea that it is in fact floating base :D Even admins clueless as they never play on a server. The only weak spot is my roof as server has build limits too low so I can not protect it good enough but I do not care. I do not want to avoid legit raiders but avoid glitchers and as far as I know, there is no way to glitch through floors (if there is I'm fucked).

That being said - don't be lazy, you have imagination and everytime you have a design in mind try to think like a bad guy and imagine how would you take over your base. If you can do it, your design is shit. If you can't, you need more imagination and practice :D

Protip - you can put jammer on the ground horizontally, it does not have to stand vertically, just move it around a little bit and glitch into building structure or just raise it up and let it fall down then pick up. Once it is horizontal you can place it in tiny 1x1 room. Jammer kills if it touches you. Try not to die doing that. ;)

5 hours ago, KPABATOK said:

Some like take over base, some prefer to remove it (which is pain in the ass with that "remove item" timer, waste of time in general and very quickly becomes not fun). But yeah, most people if they manage to destroy jammer will take everything apart. So protect it.

Rant incoming in 3...2....1..

I have my way of making indestructable base - make floating 1x1 room (everytime you need to maintain base you will have to craft 1 or 2 sets of stairs to reach it) and protect the roof of such room with stud wall or something. BAM. Indestructable base. If any admin/server owner doesn't like it, give him middle finger and say that literally anything in Arma 3 can be glitched through and abused so it is the only way to protect your base against such people. Seen so many servers with retards creating rules "booohoo base must be raidable from ground, booohoo cant protect helis with stud wall, boohoo you must leave your base doors open so that everyone could just take whatever they want!". Screw such people and their thinking. This is mad max world on Altis and unless you play in some kind pussy whitelisted server with 2 people, there will be a time where glitcher comes and simply walks through all your walls and destroys your jammer/safes etc.

My current base is almost exactly as I described, just that it is aesthetically pleasing and people from outside have no idea that it is in fact floating base :D Even admins clueless as they never play on a server. The only weak spot is my roof as server has build limits too low so I can not protect it good enough but I do not care. I do not want to avoid legit raiders but avoid glitchers and as far as I know, there is no way to glitch through floors (if there is I'm fucked).

That being said - don't be lazy, you have imagination and everytime you have a design in mind try to think like a bad guy and imagine how would you take over your base. If you can do it, your design is shit. If you can't, you need more imagination and practice :D

Protip - you can put jammer on the ground horizontally, it does not have to stand vertically, just move it around a little bit and glitch into building structure or just raise it up and let it fall down then pick up. Once it is horizontal you can place it in tiny 1x1 room. Jammer kills if it touches you. Try not to die doing that. ;)

Thanks very much.  What if I can put a jammer room as you describe, but for the moment it is pretty much in the open?  Elevated, connected somewhat to the top edge of 2 story house, no way to access without stairs being built.  Can an HMG take out the door AND destroy a jammer from the ground?

11 minutes ago, KPABATOK said:

If jammer is not surrounded by cinder walls it is possible to destroy it by shooting at it directly or through a wooden/metal wall. But that would take many HMG rounds and many re-arms, let alone if one were used normal gun. So do not worry too much about it.

Thanks.  So cinder walls can't be destroyed with guns or the HMG?

They can not be shot through (unless I am mistaken) unlike metal and wood walls which can be shot through even with 7.62 caliber. I doubt it is even possible with GMG to destroy by shooting any Epoch building part except jammer and storage. No way to test it for me as armed vehicles are not in Epoch by default.