BetaC and Drum mags

Esproc

Well, I thought I had read something about the RPK drums being able to be used in AK rifles, but that cant be right cause the RPK is the 7.62×39mm M43 round, they later made the RPK-74 which uses the 5.45×39mm M74, but the RPK-74 only had experimental drum mags and the 45 round box mags were instead made the standard issue for the RPK-74.

So really the RPK in game is using the wrong type of ammo, and if they meant for it to be the RPK-74, it would be useing the wrong magazines currently.

With that said the RPK should be corrected to use the proper ammo, and the drum mags added to the list for akm and sa58 rifles.

Well, I thought I had read something about the RPK drums being able to be used in AK rifles, but that cant be right cause the RPK is the 7.62×39mm M43 round, they later made the RPK-74 which uses the 5.45×39mm M74, but the RPK-74 only had experimental drum mags and the 45 round box mags were instead made the standard issue for the RPK-74.

So really the RPK in game is using the wrong type of ammo, and if they meant for it to be the RPK-74, it would be useing the wrong magazines currently.

With that said the RPK should be corrected to use the proper ammo, and the drum mags added to the list for akm and sa58 rifles.

In Arma 2 Vanilla the RPK-74 (which it doesn't say when you look at the gun in your gear it just says RPK) is the 74 addition hence it uses 5.45mm ammo which the RPK 75 round mag is for.

The orginal RPK is 7.62mm and it replaced the older RPD

As far as I know, the 75 round RPK drum mag in Arma 2 Vanilla does not work with any of the AK-74 even though theoretical it should.

Not saying you don't know this but another may not ...

AK-47 and AK-74 means basically what year the gun was made.

47 meaning 1947 and 74 meaning 1974. 

The 1974 AK's use 5.45mm and the 1947 AK's use 7.62mm.

There are many reason why the ammo was changed but if you want to know more about it go look it up on wiki  :)