Change the status of the traders

Yermo

Question

Hi,

I know that the status of the traders (friendly/neutral/hostile) is one of the big features of DayZ Epoch but I'd like to modify some settings, like the status of a trader, change the humanity needed to be considered as friendly or bandit, etc.

I tried to change that from the database but had little success...just managed to change the humanity of each player.

Solution, anyone ?

5 answers to this question

It is tied to the client files,

dayz_code\system\player_spawn_2.sqf

You can change it there. Doing so will require you too add player_spawn_2.sqf to your server files and force players to use that version instead of the clients.

I am no expert in making it work, I tried something similar by editing the dynamicweather.sqf with limited success. So hopefully someone else can help you implement it.

Yeah...It's better if people don't have to DL a new version...

But is it possible to replace a non-neutral trader from my instance (Chernarus) by a neutral trader from an other instance, which I give the same things to buy and sell ?

Last thing, I've noticed in the Player_DATA (from te .sql file) a "Player Morality" field ? Anything to do with th humanity ?

I just got on 1.0.1.4.  We're looking to make all trader's neutral but can't seem to get it working.  Can anyone help?  I saw where they were marked in the database as hostile/hero/friendly/neutral, and changed them accordingly, but this didn't seem to do it.  What else do I need to change?