DiscoBot and stop duplicate items

Granok

Question

Hi everyone,

I use an anti combat logging : DiscoBot (that I found here : http://opendayz.net/threads/anti-combat-logging-discobot.12073/ ) 

This is a script that create a bot with your stuff when you disconnect (like origins does)

However, the bot is not synchronize with the player so people can duplicate items by using this bot (you disconnect, a friend kill the bot and you reconnect with your stuff )

So I think about adding a little control to prevent that, and I think there is 2 solutions but i have not idea how I could make these works :

First idea : When the bot die, set the player's character dead (with a "setDamage 1;" for example). Problem is, I don't think the character's object still exist at this point.

Second Idea : Record the bot death (pretty easy) and when the player log back force the server to ceate a new character.

Like set 

_isNew = true;

in server_playerLogin.sqf

But i'm afaid to duplicate entry in the table Character_DATA with 2 characters for 1 playerID, where alive=1.

Maybe set the inventory empty would work too.

I'm sure there is a simple solution at this problem but I have no idea how the death mechanics works, so if anyone could explain me a little bit because I'm a big noob!

Thanks you for reading me and sorry for my bad english !

2 answers to this question