New Vehicle Ammo Mechanice Yes or No

mikeloeven

I want to start a poll regarding the new vehicle ammunition mechanics that were implimented in the last patch.

while generally alot of people initially thought this increased realism the actual implimentation actually caused far more issues in my opinion than the added realism is worth.

issue =1: they removed regenerating ammunition however failed to take into account vehicle resets on restart. This resulted in an error where vehicles lost all their ammo on restart essentially stealing ammunition from the player

issue =2: rarity of ammunition does 2 things when it does spawn it takes up a loot space also without a trader and the loss of ammunition on restart it is no longer viable to keep refilling vehicles manually.

issue =3: several administrators have added reammo trucks to traders to hopefully resolve the issue however the changes to the vehicle classes have rendered reammo trucks non functional.

issue=4: any additional vehicles added by administrators dont even support the new ammo mechanics thus the entire attempt at ballancing vehicle ammo has basically turned into an abortion of game mechanics that has seriously broken the game

now the dev team has continuously replied that these are intended mechanics and that administrators can eaisly revert to original ammo by using the base dayz vehicle classes.

they dont seem to understand that alot of server owners cant be bothered to reconfigure things just for the sake of fixing bad game design. and if there is going to be a hardcore mode that mode should be optional and not the default configuration

i want to open this as a poll to see wether the majority of people like the mechanics or think that the develpors should roll back the changes in the interests of playability.

any implimentation of dayz is designed to be as difficult as possible and screw the players over at any turn. in a game like this there has to be a point when enough is enough and some realism has to be sacrificed for enjoyability

No.

Enjoyable is subjective.  Either you use the generalization that admins are too lazy to tweak the base Epoch or you bitch about DayZ classes not supporting the new mechanics - pick one.

Rolling around the map in an armored SUV, shooting everything that moves shouldn't be the typical nightly play.  They already made that mod... it's called Wasteland.  I say keep the mechanic and make ammo even tougher to find, hoard and transport.