Sarge AI Issue? Players not able to access same vehicle?

Hooch

Question

Hi guys,

I am a complete novice when it comes to server scripting, I have tried to locate certain areas of the Sarge AI script to see where our issue lies but I cannot see it!

Basically once a player kills a bandit it turns the player red to other players, this in turn does not allow them players to get into the same vehicle, it's ruining our game play and run a few people from our server.

Can anyone assist me in fixing this issue?

I am on Skype: wayne.haris

Contact me here or my email [email protected]

I am also looking to add a splash screen for our server and any assistance in doing so would be awesome!

Many thanks,
Judge

8 answers to this question

the only way players can fix the (cant enter vehicle after killing ai bug) is reconnecting to a different slot in the gamelobby :)

and they will keep having to do soo every time they all get out of the vehicle.

its an annoying bug indeed :) and only seems to be happening on sarge AI servers

The problem is that the vehicle fix command works but it executes too early. Because Epoch has such a high amount of vehicles, only like the first 50 spawned vehicles get the fix, the rest doesn't.

You have to go to the SAR_FIX_VEHICLE_ISSUE and prolong the wait command to like 500 seconds.

It helped a bit for me, I also removed the survivors so I only left bandits.

I still sometimes had the bug and because it irritated me so much I just went to DZAI, which gives me the same features that I look for!

Also does anyone know anything about the Custom AI Missions? We have an issue where if you log onto the server before the current mission is completed you don't see the red/green hashed circles indicating the mission location.....any ideas on this?

Answer for Question  number 1 :

I don't use Sarge anymore but I took a look at backups and I went to my addons map, you have SARGE, SHK_pos and UPSMON. You open folder Sarge and in there you have SAR_vehicle_fix.sqf. You open this one and on line 25 you see "sleep 15;" This is in seconds so you can simply change it to 600 seconds, or whatever works best for you. I've heard it work for some by using 150, or someone with using 1500, so it all varies.

So line 25, behind the // wait until the server has spawned all the vehicles ... might take a while

Answer for Question number 2:

The markers indicating the mission location are fired up each time a AI mission starts. If you die,  the mission has to renew itself for the marker to show but it doesn't do that. So to fix that everyone can see the markers you have to go to the init.sqf in your mission.pbo and enter this below. 

[] execVM "debug\addmarkers.sqf";
[] execVM "debug\addmarkers75.sqf";

Be sure tot change "debug" to whatever folder you put it in, but I think this is default. Every time a player joins the server and "loads the mission file", it will load these markers so new players and players who died will see the mission