How do I talk with other Players

DavyGravy84

Hi there, Title self explanatory

I wana know how to talk with other players. As at times I can here them talking but i cant seem to let them know I'm friendly and get shot at. 

Do i need teamspeak ?. Ive got it but have no idea how to use it.

All I wana do is be able to talk with others to find if they friendly or not. To give me more realism and not just a lone ranger :)

Direct chat works well for close range. We also spawn radio's, they have different frequencies. Most common is Quarts. Some servers also enable Side chat which is a global channel that everyone can see.

Caps lock is the default key for push to talk in direct chat. Direct chat is usually denoted by white text; your full stop (period) key will cycle you through chat options available, again set by default in game.

Teamspeak (TS) is a voice communication utility that allows communication outside of the game, most often useful for groups who wish to have private chat for tactical as well as social use. Most game servers have TS look for their ip or address and on opening TS go to connections then connect and enter server ip or address and connect. Once you connect to the TS  you will often find a range of channels look for one that is open and relevant ie Arma 3 Epoch for example.