EPOCH AH Questions with settings

Chainsaw Squirrel

Question

Can I get a better explanation of some of these , what these options are and what they do .. in layman's terms
Some are easy to grasp .. others uh not so much :) 
Just maybe the best practices..

what whitelisted config patches do . is that a place we can add scripts that we have on the server besides what you have in there already ?

antihack_addActionCheck = false; // false to disable addAction checks    is this better to enable I assume for click actions right click etc ??

antihack_customVariablesCheck = false; // true enables variable scanning on missionNamespace again should we enable ?? and brief of why please

antihack_customVariables[] = {}; //Add global variables from custom scripts, example: {"MyOwnVar","CP_KK"} //Global Variables begin without "_" !!  ????

antihack_customVariablesCheckMode = 0; // 0 = Ban, 1 = Log, 2 == learning mode (only enable with trusted players in a passwored server to profile your variables keep disabled for normal operation)   Should Log or Ban on these ?? 

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

3 answers to this question

i will try my best to answer this. but i would suggest using infistar.

whitelisted config patches: this is the classnames of addons which the server will allow. this way if a player enables their own mods, it will not allow them on the server.

so for example

class CfgPatches {

class Blah {
		requiredVersion = 0.100000;
		requiredAddons = {"a3_characters_f", "a3_characters_f_beta", "a3_characters_f_epa", "a3_characters_f_epb", "a3_characters_f_epc", "a3_characters_f_gamma", "a3_data_f", "a3_weapons_f", "a3_weapons_f_beta", "a3_weapons_f_bootcamp", "a3_weapons_f_epa", "a3_weapons_f_epb", "a3_weapons_f_epc", "a3_weapons_f_gamma", "a3_rocks_f", "a3_map_altis_scenes", "a3_map_vr_scenes", "a3_map_stratis_scenes", "dbo_old_bike", "gnt_c185"};
		units = {};
		weapons = {};
		magazines = {};
		ammo = {};
	};
};

in an addon pbo will be a config,bin or config.cpp

and the above code will start in that file.

all the required addons there would need to be in the epochah 

antihack_whitelistedCfgPatches[] = { section

antihack_addActionCheck = false; // false to disable addAction checks    is this better to enable I assume for click actions right click etc ??  

yes action menu things allowed, so hackers cannot add their own cheat menu items etc.

antihack_customVariablesCheck = false; // true enables variable scanning on missionNamespace again should we enable ?? and brief of why please

antihack_customVariables[] = {}; //Add global variables from custom scripts, example: {"MyOwnVar","CP_KK"} //Global Variables begin without "_" !!  ????

antihack_customVariablesCheckMode = 0; // 0 = Ban, 1 = Log, 2 == learning mode (only enable with trusted players in a passwored server to profile your variables keep disabled for normal operation)   Should Log or Ban on these ?? 

I have not used this ever but i would assume it has to do with using these to make scripts

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVariable

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Variables

again if you get infistar, you disable epochah completely 

i know not everyone has 40 bucks to shell out for this script, but some hosts include it with their hosting packages,

i will try my best to answer this. but i would suggest using infistar.

whitelisted config patches: this is the classnames of addons which the server will allow. this way if a player enables their own mods, it will not allow them on the server.

so for example

class CfgPatches {

class Blah {
		requiredVersion = 0.100000;
		requiredAddons = {"a3_characters_f", "a3_characters_f_beta", "a3_characters_f_epa", "a3_characters_f_epb", "a3_characters_f_epc", "a3_characters_f_gamma", "a3_data_f", "a3_weapons_f", "a3_weapons_f_beta", "a3_weapons_f_bootcamp", "a3_weapons_f_epa", "a3_weapons_f_epb", "a3_weapons_f_epc", "a3_weapons_f_gamma", "a3_rocks_f", "a3_map_altis_scenes", "a3_map_vr_scenes", "a3_map_stratis_scenes", "dbo_old_bike", "gnt_c185"};
		units = {};
		weapons = {};
		magazines = {};
		ammo = {};
	};
};

in an addon pbo will be a config,bin or config.cpp

and the above code will start in that file.

all the required addons there would need to be in the epochah 

antihack_whitelistedCfgPatches[] = { section

What about pbo such as ae3ai, headless clients, and other scripts etc .. should the pbo be listed there as well ??