[Resolved] Database error "EPOCH_server_hiveSET"

dennis_stk

15:25:16 Error in expression <ll EPOCH_fn_InstanceID), _players] call EPOCH_server_hiveSET;
};

{if (units _x >
15:25:16   Error position: <EPOCH_server_hiveSET;
};

{if (units _x >
15:25:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: epoch_server_hiveset

Are you using infiSTAR's a3_fix_epoch.pbo? Removing that file stopped this report error for me. It might require updates for the newest version of Epoch.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this may be a little late but to fix the a3_fix_epoch.pbo to make it not cause these errors. Inside the PBO in the init folder is a file called server_init. You will find what lines you need to change in your servers RPT file.  You need to find and change any place in this file that says EPOCH_server_hiveSETEX and change it to say fn_server_hiveSETEX. Do the same with any of the other files that have EPOCH_server_(etc.....) change them to fn_server(etc........).

I suggest you don't depend on a pbo that modifies the Epoch code or you will have the same issue nearly every release. If you know the reason why you are running this "fix" pbo then simply make a feature request or bug report and we will generally add the fix or feature within a patch or two. 

Also as you may not know we welcome pull requests to change the Epoch "Sandbox" gamemode sources so all will benefit from any fixes you find.
https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/tree/master/Sources 

Edited by vbawol

Well, as of now vbawol, we're only using it to fix some things that aren't working on our server until I have the time to remove everything that has to do with Epoch and start over from scratch again with all fresh files. I believe we may either have a corrupt file somewhere in our server files or something didn't get changed during an update. As we have no control over the rain issue and some other small issues that we aren't worried about at this time.