VON headset issues

phm

Hi

I know this is an Arma 3 issue and not an Epoch issue, but I was just looking for some insight.  I've tried three different "universal plug and play audio device" headsets with Arma 3 Epoch and while Windows works just fine with them, no one can hear my mic in game.

Are there still unresolved issues regarding USB headset functionality in game?  How are people actually playing this without headsets?

Thanks in advance

Not experienced an issue using an USB connected headset in game myself. I am sure you have made sure VON in audio configuration is on and volume up sufficiently? Does it work in Teamspeak?

Regarding audio configuration, I did not see an on/off software switch for VON, but the volume level is more than adequate.  I even tried turning the volume down for all other sources (effects, music, radio, etc) with VON all the way up.  Nothing. Nada.

This is rather mystifying.  Others seem to be using headsets without issues.  But there is a good bit of traffic in other forums relating the precise issue I'm having: No one can hear me when I'm talking in the Group, Vehicle, "Direct Communication" or any of the Radio channels (tried Quartz with others who had a Quartz radio).

I'm sorry, I don't know what "Teamspeak" is.

Thanks for your reply!

Are your headset drivers up to date?

Teamspeak or TS is an audio server utility that allows communication between groups of players in same channel. You cannot communicate with anyone in game not in that channel using voice. It is a good alternative to group chat in game and most server hosts also provide a TS server alongside their game server.

https://www.teamspeak.com/teamspeak3

I have found the TS set up wizard useful in checking out my headset functionality outside of windows.

Hope some of this helps?

Are your headset drivers up to date?

Teamspeak or TS is an audio server utility that allows communication between groups of players in same channel. You cannot communicate with anyone in game not in that channel using voice. It is a good alternative to group chat in game and most server hosts also provide a TS server alongside their game server.

https://www.teamspeak.com/teamspeak3

I have found the TS set up wizard useful in checking out my headset functionality outside of windows.

Hope some of this helps?

A "universal plug and play audio device" does not need custom drivers.  Windows just installs generic drivers and they just work (except with Arma 3 for me and many others apparently).

Thanks for the Teamspeak tip.  Perhaps this is why not many are complaining about the VON issue in Arma 3.  The game is fairly useless as a multiplayer platform if headsets don't work.