Best way to save information persistent

Dovev

Question

Hey guys,

at first let me tell you that I am barely new to professional Arma scripting. There are a lot of scripts I have used and modified but I have never released a single one. So please don´t slap me if I am thinking of wrong solutions ;).

For my Epoch servers I am looking for a way to store a counted variable on a persistent way. I would like to count the connections for each player and post them like a welcome message when he is joining.

In my horrible kind of thinking I have three ways I could go:

1. Find a way to store/read these information at the redis database epoch is using (in a special table)
  2. Write my own C# modification to provide access to the filesystem (I have worked with C# on other projects in the last years but might return errors because of BattleEye?)
  3. Use a complete external MySQL Database in combination with the MySQL Class released for Arma 2 (Is this even working? I have seen some Mods using it in Arma3 I think)

If this would be possible, I would like to call these functions from my mission.pbo .

After a few days of searching different forums and google without any usefull results I decided to create a topic here (Maybe I am searching with the wrong keywords?). So if anybody would be kind enough to give me a hint in the right direction or tell me some little tricks where I might find a solution for my problem, this would be awesome.

Thank you for your time and help

Dovev

3 answers to this question