(THE PURGE) scripting help

steds-uk

Question

Im after some help please , i run a pve server and i was thinking of adding a small script along the lines of (the film the purge)

were every say 3rd hour pvp is legal for the next 30 minutes. 

nothing heavy just a simple script with maybe a warning noise and a red message across the screen. 

i'm a complete novice at writing scripts so any help would be greatly appreciated 

thanks 

3 answers to this question

When you say at writing scripts you mean writing your own scripts or just adding them to the server? For what you want in your post i suggest simple messages like restart ones(youd have to sync them with restarts themselves). I dont really know a message script which would run by server time, its easier to display messages based on players time(since death or log in), but that would not be useful for you... one of options would be make part of map PVP allowed?

write the script and run it as an event should not be to hard to do

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"abandonedvaults"],["any","any","any","any",30,"convoy"],["any","any","any","any",30,"animated_crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",40,"drop_bombs"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"], ["any","any","any","any",55,"construction"], ["any","any","any","any",10,"military"], ["any","any","any","any",25,"treasure"], ["any","any","any","any",40,"supplyitems"]];